Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Westside Training.. For Just Strength Or For Size And Strength? Opinions?

Ironman,

Powerlifting style training where the weights get over the 90% range and emphasize the 3 lifts will tend to promote a certain appearance. Westside is no exception.

The top powerlifters are *rarely* mistaken as bodybuilders, whether or not they train westside or conventional.

There are definitely better bulking programs out there if you are into that. It's hard to go by a 50/50 question. If you are not very interested in the sport of powerlifting, I am not sure that following the westside program to a T is the way to go for you.

I hate repeating myself (actually i don't), but your diet will play a large role in the appearance of fat.

Doing westside will not make you fatter. Doing westside and having a piss-poor diet can make you fatter.

Maybe you didn't ask that, but someone posted about how they had no fat or something like that :)

good luck.

/irish

|ronMan said:
Has this program helped increase muscular size/development in all you guys?

What about thickening your waistline I have heard this happens. Etc.

I was warned about the thickening waist, from all those sweet obliques you grow doing this, but I feel like my torso is long enough that I will still be able to pull off a "v" when it's all said and done.

If you truly want to be strong, and lift for strength, you will be willing to forget about the taper if necessary. This WILL put some serious size on you frame though, and body type will determine the rest.

My waist went from 32 to 34 but mostly thickeinng of abdomnal wall and buildup of spinal erectors from good mornings.. not fat..
I carry the same amount of fat before as after starting wsb.. best advice I was told is if you want to look like a BB'er.. Bodybuild, IF you want to look like a powerlifter, powerlift... if you want to look like a swimmer, marathon runner etc....I f you dont carry the fat before starting wsb you wont carry it after starting wsb.. my .02

Im with spatts on this...I trainerd the old conventional pl way, and did some buling phases when bb, but when i switched to ws..i definetly got thicker!! my waist line did grow a little, but so did everything else! And if i do a show in the future..ill do ws as long as i can on the diet...

Top Bottom