Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightloss Plateau

I see what you mean there. ... but if my metabolic rate is slow, I first need to boost it before the fatloss process continues. Logically thats what it is supposed to do

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

There are better ways to boost your metabolism rather than eating too much food. Weight Training, High Intensity Cardio, Eating Often, Eating Clean, and getting enough sleep are key.

Hi Guys. ..

From september last year I have been a clean eater and fitness junkie. I still have 10kg of bodyfat to lose and a lot more kg to get to my goal weight of 60kg.

At the moment I am currently sitting in between 74/73kg and have been stuck there for the past four months. I would like to get down to 68kg by the end of August.

It doesn't matter how much I change my diet (healthily of course) my weight stays the same. bodyfat has hit a plateau as well.

Any advice please?

it's all about calories in < calories out.

how big of a deficit do you have? do you even have one?

Weight loss plateaus are usually from doing inaccurate calorie estimations, on other side of the equation.

If it's correct - then either 1) increase deficit 2) work out more rigorous and lift weights or 3) keep it and wait. Weight loss sometimes comes in waves. Nothing for 3 days and then boom. Many think fat cells get filled with water and then suddenly release their water.

Metabolism doesn't slow down that fast either. Not in a week. No need to do week on/ week off like that.

True.

People equat getting leaner with "slowing metabolism". You weight less so of course body is gonna need less calories.

Instead people keep eating the same and wonder why "weight loss stops". It's real annoying having to remind people about this on the web over and over again.

Hi everyone, Thank you for your response and advice :) I managed to break the plateau :) back on track. Mindset plays a huge role.

Eat a cheat meal. It might sound like the scariest thing, but it can work. Whenever I hit a plateu I eat a large pizza. It tells my body, "Hey, we're not starving! It's okay to stop holding onto this fat we've be saving!"

Hi there, my 2 cents:

Instead of doing the phases in weeks, build them into your week: 3 days low (but always above your BMR), then 1 day high (but not 3000kal, something like TDEE-20%) then 2 days low and 1 day high. ON your high days, change your macros to increase the carb intake. One day after the high-cal day, blast some large muscle group (legs or back).

Weight yourself only once per week, for example at the beginning of day 7. Your general idea was good, but the implementation was a bit off.

Top Bottom