Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Watches!!!

I am currently looking at a Hamilton Regatta, we are buying a house in the very near future and the wife is keeping the budget under $750. Any feedback on the brand?

ZKaudio said:
rolex is kinda old money looking and if you are wearing one under 30... good chance it's fake, and even if it's not, everyone will think it is... to top that, most all of their lower models are ugly. The movement is important, but not important enough to have an ugly watch!

Agreed. I have to agree with Chris Rock, who called Tag the "young guys Rolex" ...I have a Tag and an Accutron (which is the highest end of the Bulova line), and would rather wear either of those than a Rolex.

Anthony Roberts said:
Agreed. I have to agree with Chris Rock, who called Tag the "young guys Rolex" ...I have a Tag and an Accutron (which is the highest end of the Bulova line), and would rather wear either of those than a Rolex.

I really can't get down with that statement. You are saying that the whole reason you wouldn't wear a Rolex is because you would be thinking that everyone would be saying it's fake? As long as it's real, and you know it's real, who cares. That's why I have a 50th Anniversary Sub. Everyone has seen fake Presidents and the like, so no one really doubts the authenticity of mine. Oh yeah, I'm also an old man, so that helps. I'm 38, and most people guess me for 27. My friends know what I do for a living, so no one questions my ability to afford a Rolex.

marshallmadman said:
I really can't get down with that statement. You are saying that the whole reason you wouldn't wear a Rolex is because you would be thinking that everyone would be saying it's fake? As long as it's real, and you know it's real, who cares. That's why I have a 50th Anniversary Sub. Everyone has seen fake Presidents and the like, so no one really doubts the authenticity of mine. Oh yeah, I'm also an old man, so that helps. I'm 38, and most people guess me for 27. My friends know what I do for a living, so no one questions my ability to afford a Rolex.

I wasn't the guy who said that people would think that it was fake. I do think that Rolex is kind of old school...some things are old school and cool (Social Distortion, Jack Daniels, etc....)...Rolex just isn't one of those things that I think I can pull off.

I'm 29, tattoo'd heavily, pierced up, shaved head, timberlands, etc....I just can't rock a Rolex...

Maybe when I'm 38!

LOL! Cheers. You do have a couple of good points there.

Anthony Roberts said:
I wasn't the guy who said that people would think that it was fake. I do think that Rolex is kind of old school...some things are old school and cool (Social Distortion, Jack Daniels, etc....)...Rolex just isn't one of those things that I think I can pull off.

I'm 29, tattoo'd heavily, pierced up, shaved head, timberlands, etc....I just can't rock a Rolex...

Maybe when I'm 38!

Timanator said:
I dont think you can put a watch like a Tag or Oakley(Quartz movement) in the same catagories as the other watches being mentioned here. Those watches are more of a designer piece rather than a time piece. I think the cheapest you can get into a nice watch with good movement is Oris. That being said, I do love the Oakley watches, but would never own one at that price(Most Quartz movements should be well under $400)

sorry guys but tag and oakley are not even in the same league. i dont like tags but oakely is more like a nike watch. oris watches tho run just as well a patek. subs are kinda for the gap generation played the fuck out, too many fakes!!

Arabian said:
I have a gold and stainless Rolex and I love it.. Great watch.. good luck

same here, daytona 18k n stainless. I almost never wear it watches bother my wrist. gorgeous watch tho

Tag and Oakley are not in the same class...

Find me a $5k Oakley, then we can talk about it being in the same class as a Tag. C'mon now...

I wear my Tag more than any other watch I own...but..

My new Accutron (Bulova) is nice too, actually...

Come to think of it, all (3) of my watches were gifts, so I'm very attached to them. I even have an old Orvis (leather band) that my mom gave me, and it's not a real kick-ass high end watch, but it gets regular rotation on my wrist.

The only thing I wouldn't wear is a digital...unless it had a really cool calculator on it...

I have a Breitling SuperOcean Chonograph. It came w/ a steel bracelet, but I picked up a crocodile strap w/ deployment clasp for dressin up.

Lookin to pick up a Rolex SubMariner as well.

Top Bottom