Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Walking vs running

Whats better for fat burning?

• walking

Votes: 81 29.2%
  • running

Votes: 165 59.6%
  • other: list

Votes: 31 11.2%

• Total voters
migcor said:
I only run when I'm being chased.

Quoted for truth.

Besides, I have shin splints and running hurts really, really bad! I like the bike at the gym or the rowing machine. On the bike an hour is about 20 miles, and typically the little thing on the bike says I'm doing around 400 calories an hour. I figure this is close to what the average person gets off of running for an hour.

accuflex said:
vs. what? running is running

Running on a tread mill is very different than running on a stationary surface.

Running on a stationary surface like a concrete sidewalk requires you to propell your own body weight, where you are only keeping up with the RPM of the belt running on a treadmill. Running on a staionary surface requires more effort, and persons can perform longer workouts on a treadmill than they could running on a stationary surface.

running is not running...

You want to be lean and hard as a stone? Sprint intervals. Unless you work up to it over a meaninful amount of training time, prolonged activity over 80% of your HRM is going to munch muscle. Take a good look at long distance runners. If thats the look you want, the 'i just stumbled out of Aushwitz' look, go to town...

Now take a look at sprinters that run the 100m... JACKED! RIPPED! that might be more the visual asthetic you are looking for.. same visual comparison goes for olympic velodrome cycllists vs. ultra marathon guys... Fine, Lance is possibly the fittest guy in the world, but i dont want his body.

You want to burn fat? If you can stomach the abuse: balls to the wall high intensity interval training on an empty tank first thing in the AM or if that doesnt work for you, after your last calorie at night.. best two options.

Next up: 65%-70% of you AHR max for prolonged duration.. AGAIN A.M., empty tank...

What are your thoughts on using a protein shake with just water before cardio first thing in the morning. If that boosts you your blood glycogen levels too much, what about using BCAAs to prevent excessive muscle breakdown from not eating anything first thing in the morning.

BigAzn said:
What are your thoughts on using a protein shake with just water before cardio first thing in the morning. If that boosts you your blood glycogen levels too much, what about using BCAAs to prevent excessive muscle breakdown from not eating anything first thing in the morning.

Just make sure you dont do it right before this my cause a ' tummy ach"
:( and that feels yucky.

Top Bottom