Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wal-Mart just gave my university $300 million

While I can't stand Walmart, they are just doing the same thing that the large grocery stores did when they first came into being. They were able to under price the smaller stores and those that could not compete went out of business.

I think one of the worst things to happen to this country was the loss of the downtown business districts in most towns. Now everyone heads out to the malls and there is no sense of community.

RyanH said:

I'd be interested in knowing how many new, small retail business could successfully compete against Monop-Mart. Please enlighten us.

Growth must have a limit and its the government's role to define that limit.

Boo-hoo, small retail stores cannot compete against Wal-Mart. Looks like they better find some money and start expanding. You know I own a small business, which is now expanding into retail. Do you see me complaining to the govt about the larger businesses in my industry? Hell NO!

RyanH said:

Right...as son as the government defines the limits of its own growth, we'll be all ears.

RyanH said:
Wal-Mart should give more than 300 million considering they are our nation's biggest monopoly and consistently pay their hard-working employees next to nothing.

I dont know about this shit... My step-dad has worked for them for over 13 years now. He is a General Manager for one of their best Distribution centers.

Next to Nothing. If 300,000 and profit sharings is next to nothing. SIGN MY ASS UP.

He did pay the price though. We moved 7 states in five years.

Casavant - I lived in Bella Vista for awhile, while he worked in Bentonville, u anywhere close??

RyanH said:

If the government doesn't interven eventually Wal Mart will dominate other markets as well...there must be a limit to Wal Mart's size. As soon as a democratic president takes office in 2005 I suspect anti-trust charges will be considered against Wal-Mart....and rightfully so.

I agree with govt possibly intervening somewhere down the line, but your democratic president comment is lame. George Dub for all of the jokes and what-not is a great president and after 8 years of Democratic trash it's good to finally have Republicans back runnin shit. Hopefully Bush gets re-elected.

amaritto said:

I dont know about this shit... My step-dad has worked for them for over 13 years now. He is a General Manager for one of their best Distribution centers.

Next to Nothing. If 300,000 and profit sharings is next to nothing. SIGN MY ASS UP.

He did pay the price though. We moved 7 states in five years.

Casavant - I lived in Bella Vista for awhile, while he worked in Bentonville, u anywhere close??

Yep. Right next door in Fayetteville.

I dated a chick in Bella Vista. Also used to drive through there several times a week to work at that titty bar "Club Hots" right across the Missouri line. I also find myself driving through there occasionally for a Sunday beer run.

Last edited:
RyanH said:

I'd be interested in knowing how many new, small retail business could successfully compete against Monop-Mart. Please enlighten us.

I agree that they should have a limit, but I disagree that it's government's role. It should be OUR role as consumers. Instead of lining up like sheep to fill their parking lots and aisles to buy more cheap crap, we should think about these decisions and support local businesses, buying better products fairly made and sold.

Top Bottom