Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Vinegar makes you skinny

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
Just food for thought. This is an old claim, but there seems to be a bit of research to back up the old anecdotal claims. Check it out. RW



Vinegar Clinically Proven To Destroy Fat Without Diet Change
Some exciting research on vinegar proves that it really does reduce body fat levels, triglycerides and sugar in humans. I will outline the exact doses you need to achieve these beneficial effects, and when to use it to achieve them.

Fat and Sugar Busting Effects in Mice AND Humans
If you’ve ever had a high carbohydrate meal, or worse, one that was also high-glycemic, you already know that these sugars will convert to fat. If you use vinegar after a high-glycemic meal, your glucose levels will not rise, according to new research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v64/n7/full/ejcn201089a.html

The study examined the effects of a high-glycemic meal with and without vinegar on diabetic humans. Those who also had vinegar experienced lower glucose levels after their meal. Previous research has also shown this effect in healthy people.

Another study, but on mice who were on high fat diets, also shows that acetic acid, the active component in vinegar, enhances fatty acid oxidation and thermogenic proteins such as UCP-2, and prevents body fat accumulation.
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf900470c

Vinegar Reduces Body Fat and Triglycerides in Obese Humans
The most interesting research though, is a study published in the journal Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, performed on 175 obese patients who were administered different doses of apple vinegar, but did not change their diet or exercise patterns. One group received a low dose of vinegar, another a high dose, and the placebo group got a beverage that tasted like apple vinegar, but had no vinegar. http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/73/8/1837/_pdf

The 500 mL beverage (about 2 cups), contained mostly water, with the low dose group getting 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of vinegar mixed in the water, and the high dose group getting 30 ml (2 tablespoons).

Subjects drank 1 cup of the mixture after breakfast, and another cup after supper. After 4 weeks, body fat levels decreased significantly in both the high and low dose protocol. The higher the dose, the greater the body fat decrease. After 8 weeks, waist circumference decreased in the vinegar groups. Body weight, visceral (belly) fat mass and triglyceride levels also decreased in the vinegar groups.

The study reported no side effects, and it suggests that you have to keep drinking the vinegar mixture to keep the beneficial effects. The good effects go beyond weight reductions, and so vinegar could be an easy, safe, and effective compound to fight fat, and enhance health.


Read more: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/arti...#ixzz10zvPChRk
 
so i read much of it.. 15ml per dose 2x day, but to be consumed especially if one was to consume a high carb high glycemic load meal.. effects are safe with no sides, however to continue the effects one must continue to use the vinegar..

*observation however, these subjects were obese Japanese men all obese, if an athlete were to do the same routine, after it is discontinued, assuming his diet is controlled, the effects would continue.. a new set point as it were..
 
so i read much of it.. 15ml per dose 2x day, but to be consumed especially if one was to consume a high carb high glycemic load meal.. effects are safe with no sides, however to continue the effects one must continue to use the vinegar..

*observation however, these subjects were obese Japanese men all obese, if an athlete were to do the same routine, after it is discontinued, assuming his diet is controlled, the effects would continue.. a new set point as it were..

FYI ladies, 15ml of apple cider vinegar is is pretty much exactly one tablespoon.
 
My step father swears by a shot of apple cider vinger every morning for fat burning and it aids in digestion. I am not that hardcore tried to do it a few times but just makes me want to puke. I do always opt for vinger evo for salads etc.
 
Yeah i also used to take a "shot" of ACV in the morning or at bed time but I noticed my teeth becoming sensitive due to that, I think it was eating away at them or something? it did seem to help with digestion though.

Interesting read though! :)
 
I had a friend who used to drink vinegar for that reason.
I use red wine vinegar in salad almost every day. Not sure if i want to drink it though.
 
Yeah i also used to take a "shot" of ACV in the morning or at bed time but I noticed my teeth becoming sensitive due to that, I think it was eating away at them or something? it did seem to help with digestion though.

Interesting read though! :)

oh yeah you definitely want to dilute it at least 10:1 in water. The ph is way on the acidic end of the scale and you for sure don't want that hitting your teeth on a regular basis.

I have a gram scale and can tell you that 1 tablespoon of it is a half ounce, so you'd want to add it to at least half a cup (4 oz) of water before drinking.
 
hum I will have to give it a try! thx Guys never would have thought of that I knew it was good for skin and hair in a bath if you can stand the smell lol
 
I love vinegar - at least the red kind......might have to give this a shot for the few weeks before my SEMA show......can't hurt, right?
 
oh yeah you definitely want to dilute it at least 10:1 in water. The ph is way on the acidic end of the scale and you for sure don't want that hitting your teeth on a regular basis.

I have a gram scale and can tell you that 1 tablespoon of it is a half ounce, so you'd want to add it to at least half a cup (4 oz) of water before drinking.

well nice to know the exacts!! maybe I will try adding it back in and use that as a guide!! ;)
 
Yep. I use 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in my green smoothie every day, and will now consider a second dosage in the evening after dinner. Thanks for the article, RW
 
Yep. I use 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in my green smoothie every day, and will now consider a second dosage in the evening after dinner. Thanks for the article, RW

WHOA! You're a brave lady, BB. I tried two tablespoons once. Once.
 
I don't know about the weight loss, but I do know it can be good for digestion and health. You should be using raw (unpasteurized) cider vinegar, the kind you get in healthfood stores with the "mother" (bits of stuff floating) still in it. The mother is the source of the active probiotics. Regular cider vinegar won't do it, or that white stuff from the supermarket that is really only good for cleaning.

You also don't have to take it straight. Add 1 tbsp. to a quart of water along with 8-10 drops of stevia liquid and you have a sort of vinegar-ade. I actually enjoy the taste and drink it instead of plain water.
 
Good info.....there is a health food store right next to my grocery store - I might go check it out.
 
I don't know about the weight loss, but I do know it can be good for digestion and health. You should be using raw (unpasteurized) cider vinegar, the kind you get in healthfood stores with the "mother" (bits of stuff floating) still in it. The mother is the source of the active probiotics. Regular cider vinegar won't do it, or that white stuff from the supermarket that is really only good for cleaning.

You also don't have to take it straight. Add 1 tbsp. to a quart of water along with 8-10 drops of stevia liquid and you have a sort of vinegar-ade. I actually enjoy the taste and drink it instead of plain water.

Some supermarkets do have the good stuff. That's where I bought mine. Marketed right next to the clear stuff they sell in the gallon sized plastic jugs.

Good points though. The product should be cloudy with some visible settling of stuff on the bottom of the jar. You should find the words "organic" and "unpasteurized" somewhere on the label.
 
Some supermarkets do have the good stuff. That's where I bought mine. Marketed right next to the clear stuff they sell in the gallon sized plastic jugs.

Good points though. The product should be cloudy with some visible settling of stuff on the bottom of the jar. You should find the words "organic" and "unpasteurized" somewhere on the label.

Yep! thats right on the money and its good for adding a unique taste to salads!
 
Good stuff! i make my own dressing using Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, EVOO, garlic, and a bit of Stevia/Raw Agave- The sweetness takes the edge off of the vinegar.
 
It also gives me wicked canker sores, even if taken as a pill... and if I have a cold and you open a ketchup bottle 5ft away I'll gag as colds make me hypersensitive to the smell of vinegar as well as the taste which sucks as it's in about every condiment. /fail
 
Just food for thought. This is an old claim, but there seems to be a bit of research to back up the old anecdotal claims. Check it out. RW



Vinegar Clinically Proven To Destroy Fat Without Diet Change
Some exciting research on vinegar proves that it really does reduce body fat levels, triglycerides and sugar in humans. I will outline the exact doses you need to achieve these beneficial effects, and when to use it to achieve them.

Fat and Sugar Busting Effects in Mice AND Humans
If you’ve ever had a high carbohydrate meal, or worse, one that was also high-glycemic, you already know that these sugars will convert to fat. If you use vinegar after a high-glycemic meal, your glucose levels will not rise, according to new research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Access : Vinegar reduces postprandial hyperglycaemia in patients with type II diabetes when added to a high, but not to a low, glycaemic index meal : European Journal of Clinical Nutrition

The study examined the effects of a high-glycemic meal with and without vinegar on diabetic humans. Those who also had vinegar experienced lower glucose levels after their meal. Previous research has also shown this effect in healthy people.

Another study, but on mice who were on high fat diets, also shows that acetic acid, the active component in vinegar, enhances fatty acid oxidation and thermogenic proteins such as UCP-2, and prevents body fat accumulation.
Acetic Acid Upregulates the Expression of Genes for Fatty Acid Oxidation Enzymes in Liver To Suppress Body Fat Accumulation - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)

Vinegar Reduces Body Fat and Triglycerides in Obese Humans
The most interesting research though, is a study published in the journal Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, performed on 175 obese patients who were administered different doses of apple vinegar, but did not change their diet or exercise patterns. One group received a low dose of vinegar, another a high dose, and the placebo group got a beverage that tasted like apple vinegar, but had no vinegar. http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bbb/73/8/1837/_pdf

The 500 mL beverage (about 2 cups), contained mostly water, with the low dose group getting 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of vinegar mixed in the water, and the high dose group getting 30 ml (2 tablespoons).

Subjects drank 1 cup of the mixture after breakfast, and another cup after supper. After 4 weeks, body fat levels decreased significantly in both the high and low dose protocol. The higher the dose, the greater the body fat decrease. After 8 weeks, waist circumference decreased in the vinegar groups. Body weight, visceral (belly) fat mass and triglyceride levels also decreased in the vinegar groups.

The study reported no side effects, and it suggests that you have to keep drinking the vinegar mixture to keep the beneficial effects. The good effects go beyond weight reductions, and so vinegar could be an easy, safe, and effective compound to fight fat, and enhance health.


Read more: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/arti...#ixzz10zvPChRk

bumping this for our newer posters.

I recently "experimented" on my bff with apple cider vinegar for purposes of weight loss. She's unfortunately a dedicated couch potato and a sweetoholic. Not a good combo. I had her take exactly two tablespoons of ACV 3x daily. So far she's lost about 10lbs of fat. Compelling stuff.
 
What about red wine vinegar?
 
i only found a reference to the fact that most red wine vinegar is 5-7 % acetic acid.
Apparently pickling vinegar is 10 %, but i wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for that- I wouldn't want to burn my stomach or anything.
 
oh yeah you definitely want to dilute it at least 10:1 in water. The ph is way on the acidic end of the scale and you for sure don't want that hitting your teeth on a regular basis.

I have a gram scale and can tell you that 1 tablespoon of it is a half ounce, so you'd want to add it to at least half a cup (4 oz) of water before drinking.


Great read RW,
I think I'm gonna try this too:)
 
I recently "experimented" on my bff with apple cider vinegar for purposes of weight loss. She's unfortunately a dedicated couch potato and a sweetoholic. Not a good combo. I had her take exactly two tablespoons of ACV 3x daily. So far she's lost about 10lbs of fat. Compelling stuff.

wow!
 
Top Bottom