Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

vibration plates

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Man, these things are turning into the latest "class" rage at the gyms. Nearly all of them have as many vibrating plates class as they do spinning classes.

To be honest, other than just added stimulation to the abs when doing direct abdominal work, I don't see a benefit.

Who has tried one?

Have used them several times. You get seriously sore off of just a 15 min session on these things.

Have used them several times. You get seriously sore off of just a 15 min session on these things.

What brand? Was it in the gym or a home version of those commercial ones that the gyms have?

What brand? Was it in the gym or a home version of those commercial ones that the gyms have?

It was at a sports conditioning facility called Acceleration. It was part of the hospitals rehabilitation center. I can't remember the brand sorry. They are pretty damned expensive machines.

I read somewhere that they are the latest gimmic. No significant benefit for strength conditioning. Someone had done a test of somekind Maybe at TNation.

Yeah from what I remember. You stand on em while doing somekind of excersize. More of gimmic fad thing to get peeps in to get their money I think. But I could be totally wrong too as this is just from memory.

They make me feel......funny...I couldn't do a class with them. I have a hard enough time keeping my mind out of the gutter. ;)

Top Bottom