Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vegetarian in Search of Protein

Its has nothing to do with morality. Humans are vegetarian by nature, look at our teeth for example. There are so many good vegetarian sources of protein including beans, nuts, vegetables like romaine lettuce has one of the highest concentrates of protein. Not to mention most people who do eat mean cook it well done which kills all the protein and nutrient anyway so all your eating is a chunk of crap that your body can do nothing with! Why be Vegetarian? Because Its a better life choice to some people...

RevolutionaryHW said:
Its has nothing to do with morality. Humans are vegetarian by nature, look at our teeth for example. There are so many good vegetarian sources of protein including beans, nuts, vegetables like romaine lettuce has one of the highest concentrates of protein. Not to mention most people who do eat mean cook it well done which kills all the protein and nutrient anyway so all your eating is a chunk of crap that your body can do nothing with! Why be Vegetarian? Because Its a better life choice to some people...

You don't need binocular vision to eat a vegetable. It's not going to run away from you.

Hi,

I've been living a meat/dairy-less lifestyle now for about (7) months, and've decided that I want to start a weight training program a buddy of mine gave me. Thing is, I've never really followed a program before - just lifted the occasional weight here and there, nothing special. So I'm just wondering, since I've heard (and read) that Protein plays a crucial role in muscle development: Where does a Vegan find enough protein to satisfy his body's craving?

I weigh between 230-240 and I'm about 5' 8" tall. I've been told to stay away from Soy as it will turn me into a Woman. (LOL). Are there any organic products (would rather stay away from pill and such) that I could take or am I pretty much SOL?

Any help/advice/comments/suggestions you guys can send this way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Anthony

Hey- congrats on your choice to start a program. I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years. First off- the soy comment is horse crap. If you read any of the latest articles they show that soy is an excellent source of protein and the estrogen worries are baseless.

If you plan on training natty, there are Vegetarian BCAA's found at GNC or Vitamin world, along with Glutamin and Creatine products.

Add in 200+ grams of protein per day- as much from good foods as you can. I eat a ton of egg whites but you being a vegan probably negates that, so I would go with a lot of the morningstar type products for protein. EX: A prime griller has 17grams before adding bread (whole grain) 10grams, low fat cheese (Vegan?) 7 grams= 34grams protein (2 burgers is more than enough intake for 1 meal). Snack on almonds, and peanut butter for Omega's. When you finish your workout, take something carb filled that will spike your glucose level, then down a protein shake 20 mins afterwards. BOL.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom