Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 84 thoughts and predictions?

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
Fedor needs to start beating competitors of note to reclaim the number 1 pound for pound ranking. I think GSP and Anderson Silva have him beat at this point.

Neither GSP nor Anderson have EVER walked thru every opponent put in front of them the way Fedor has.

I agree I'm disappointed that Fedor hasn't fought any good fighter lately. But he has just been so dominating through his whole career that I still see him as the #1 guy at ANY weight.

... J Rock ... said:
i think it may hard to beat competitors of note if nobody wants/ can't to fight him.

I think the opposite: any legit heavyweight wants to beat Fedor. From my observation, Fedor has goals other than simply being the best heavyweight fighter though. I think he wants to be the "Dana White" of the Russian MMA scene. No matter how much a franchise fighter makes, the boss always makes more. Fedor is using his stature as the premier heavyweight to attract fighters to M-1. M-1 isn't necessarily looking to compete in the American market with the UFC, hence Fedor doesn't need American appeal at least currently. The American market is tiny compared to Europe and Asia combined.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
I think the opposite: any legit heavyweight wants to beat Fedor. From my observation, Fedor has goals other than simply being the best heavyweight fighter though. I think he wants to be the "Dana White" of the Russian MMA scene. No matter how much a franchise fighter makes, the boss always makes more. Fedor is using his stature as the premier heavyweight to attract fighters to M-1. M-1 isn't necessarily looking to compete in the American market with the UFC, hence Fedor doesn't need American appeal at least currently. The American market is tiny compared to Europe and Asia combined.

So you are trying to say that there is more money fighting in Europe and Asia combined than in the US? I'm not sure if you have noticed but the use is and has always been the number one in marketing. If it is about money/fame/stature then fighting in the US is where one needs to be.

Megalomaniac said:
So you are trying to say that there is more money fighting in Europe and Asia combined than in the US? I'm not sure if you have noticed but the use is and has always been the number one in marketing. If it is about money/fame/stature then fighting in the US is where one needs to be.

What do you mean by "number one in marketing"? The US has a population of around 3 million. Eurasia has a population of over 4.6 billion. I am saying there is potentially more money to be made marketing in Eurasia than the US. The US is squirt of piss in the ocean compared to Eurasia. I think Eurasia also has the advantage of higher popularity of combat sport participation to create a larger fighter talent pool to draw from.

Gordz24 said:
He is the PRODIGY. P4P one of the best fighters in the world. World class Jiu Jitsu. He was 2000 world champion at Mundials in Rio De Janeiro, the first non brazilian to win it. Its extremely prestigious. He beat guys like Cao Uno, Takanori Gomi, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Renzo and Rodrigo Gracie, Joe Stevenson.. He might talk shit, but he can back it up. The kid loves to fight and we are seeing a really motivated BJ PENN right now.

No doubt. Everything you said is true. I just really dislike him. I really wish I could fight him. I'm no where near his level but I would fight him anyways. I really dislike him.

Big Rick Rock said:
Neither GSP nor Anderson have EVER walked thru every opponent put in front of them the way Fedor has.

I agree I'm disappointed that Fedor hasn't fought any good fighter lately. But he has just been so dominating through his whole career that I still see him as the #1 guy at ANY weight.

I'd say Fedor and GSP are the two best p4p fighters in the world.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:

i agree to some degree

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
What do you mean by "number one in marketing"? The US has a population of around 3 million. Eurasia has a population of over 4.6 billion. I am saying there is potentially more money to be made marketing in Eurasia than the US. The US is squirt of piss in the ocean compared to Eurasia. I think Eurasia also has the advantage of higher popularity of combat sport participation to create a larger fighter talent pool to draw from.
umm...I'm pretty sure the state of Minnesota alone has more than 3million people. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004986.html

Top Bottom