Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

took the farmers for a walk today...

bignate73

im worked!

did 4 passes of ~120ft with 140 each
nonerz worked up to 2 passes at 100ft with 100 each. first couple sets she did a turn with 80lbs, we decided that was gay and just went for distance.

some gym PR's also:

3 board press:
345x1 biiiiig PR, though its my first time making this my main move, instead of secondary. but the fact that i handled that much weight has me pretty excited. ive never gone over 305 on a 3 board, or 295 from chest or 1 board. so thats a good jump that should have some nice carryover. gotta keep blasting those tris to help the lockout.

i took nonerz to 2 board presses:
she got 125x1 pretty well. 130x1 was stuck a bit. we are actively nailing her triceps now.

OLY light work:
me:
2x12x95 hang cleans
1x12x95 powercleans

nonerz:
looking very good on technique. getting her to shrug fully before attempting to rack. she's catching on to it. we are doing a few drills to get it more instinctive/kinesthetic. she actually liked full cleans better than the hang clean for being more explosive from the "scoop".

skull crushers....blah blah.

4x10x90 no biggee, just working tris
nonerz 4x10-12x40 she'll be ready for 50 very soon.

all in all, a good day. funniest thing i felt was shaking after my first run with the farmers. i was actually shaking, my CNS must have been going crazy. :alien:

You didn't like the turn? Making the turn takes A LOT of technique and A LOT of strength too. Makes everything MUCH harder to do.

Good job guys!!!!

B True

i didnt take the turn, maybe i should have . nonerz was sideways coming out of it and she picked up the technique quick with a slight stumble in the turn. learned that those short choppy steps are the way to go. im more of a learner by others example....hehehehe.

thats mah baybeh!

bignate73 said:
i didnt take the turn, maybe i should have . nonerz was sideways coming out of it and she picked up the technique quick with a slight stumble in the turn. learned that those short choppy steps are the way to go. im more of a learner by others example....hehehehe.

thats mah baybeh!

When you turn...start the turn EARLY!!! Also...if you are turning to the left...try and drop your left shoulder to 'pivot' with. The implements will keep turning when you turn...it is expected. If you make wider turns...you can keep speed better and they will not turn as much as with narrow turns. Look back on all of our farmers pics from this past Sunday...noticed that we are walking straight but the implements are turning the other direction...we had just made the turn.

I take VERY long strides.

PLEASE keep us updated on these man...

B True

bignate73 said:
nonerz worked up to 2 passes at 100ft with 100 each. first couple sets she did a turn with 80lbs, we decided that was gay and just went for distance.

Hmmm...I thought it was 100 lbs? Do we not count the implement or am I just crazy?!

B, the turn wasn't easy. I hit it with my leg, which threw me "off-course" and then I couldn't stop turning! Inertia took over a bit there! Anyhow, I managed to get back on track and finish it out. Thanks for the tip on dropping the shoulder...I can see how that would definitely help. So, start early, go wide, drop the shoulder, take big strides?

bignate73 said:
OLY light work:

nonerz:
looking very good on technique. getting her to shrug fully before attempting to rack. she's catching on to it. we are doing a few drills to get it more instinctive/kinesthetic. she actually liked full cleans better than the hang clean for being more explosive from the "scoop".

I can get really frustrated with these! I don't always have Nate there to watch my form, so I think I've developed some bad habits. Plus I'm a very "mental" lifter. I can psych myself out if my frame of mind is off. Putting it all together reminds me of trying to hit a golf ball! Dammit, it looks so easy but the more you try to "force" it, the worse you get!

This time around was much better...:)

bignate73 said:
funniest thing i felt was shaking after my first run with the farmers. i was actually shaking, my CNS must have been going crazy. :alien:

Yeah, he was pretty worked! He kinda had a glazed look in his eyes too! Good boy Nate.:D

we only went to 100's when you didnt do the turns. i added more weight and distance vs. maneuverability.

Re: Re: took the farmers for a walk today...

Nonerz said:

B, the turn wasn't easy. I hit it with my leg, which threw me "off-course" and then I couldn't stop turning! Inertia took over a bit there!

Here is what I try to do... you MIGHT be able to see it in the video of my 255 farmers (see t3c's post from this weekend).

Coming out of the turn, I will try to lightly bump the implement with my leg and try to guide it in the right direction. It helps.. but keeps the implement from getting thrown completely off course.

You might want to give it a try.

With the oly form you might try breaking it down into real simple partials, then put it back together in a couple of weeks.

Start with power shrugs in the rack, they are basically done from about the height and position as a hang clean, but you set the pins just lower than where you will hold the weight. Explode back and up on to your toes keeping your arms stiff like a shrug. There should be a snap at the top of each rep from the momentum. After each rep reset to the pins and fire again. After a few sessions with these the second pull and the hang clean will make more sense and you won't have to think as much, just do the power shrug and be loose and rack.

Top Bottom