Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Time off from here for serious focus, critique my new plan!

YoungDreams

17 now
6'3"
231lbs-255lbs
Bench 405-495
Squat 565-600
Dead 600-640
Clean 370-405
Snatch 315-335
*didnt hit snatch as hard as possible

After a few months of being away, I've really concentrated full focus on grades and my body, but lately I'm at a threshold and need some help so here's my new plan

Upper:
2x Pyramid flat bench to 1 rep max
3x Incline bench till failure
3x decline bench till failure
12-10-8 cable crossovers
5x8 seated military press
5x12 side raise ss with front raise
3x12 delt flyes (reverse flyes)
5x10 seated row
3x20 isolated curls
3x15 preacher curls
3x20 skull crushers on incline bench
3x15 tricep kickbacks
3x shrug holds till failure
3x10 lat pull downs ss with pull-ups

Lower:
3x20 squats (atg)
5x10 leg press
3x12 leg extension ss with curls
5x8 Deadlift
5x10 single straight leg deads on balance cushion
3x12 goodmornings
3x15 calf raise
3x10 lunges ss with side lunges

Core:
5x5 cleans
5x5 snatch
2000 total reps abs
30 minutes advanced yoga
Possibly strongman events added

That's some heavy weight for snatches. That must be quite the second pull followed by ducking under that weight. I use baby weights on that lift to learn technique. If you can do snatches for 300 lbs why not compete in Olympic lifting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

That's some heavy weight for snatches. That must be quite the second pull followed by ducking under that weight. I use baby weights on that lift to learn technique. If you can do snatches for 300 lbs why not compete in Olympic lifting?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using EliteFitness

I found that I get the most out of my snatch by popping my hips right at the start of the second pull. Most people get the pull half way before they do that so they can't throw up heavy weights. Also, I don't think I'm anywhere near Olympic standards for weight lifting.

You're up there for Olympic lifts. If that's the route you are going I would find a gym that specializes in power lifting or a team. At 17 and at those weights you would have no problem finding someone interested in training you. Like anything some times you need some in person advice.

You're up there for Olympic lifts. If that's the route you are going I would find a gym that specializes in power lifting or a team. At 17 and at those weights you would have no problem finding someone interested in training you. Like anything some times you need some in person advice.

I've been trying to get my schools involved into Olympic lifting but there isn't a high interest in it. But, I have started looking at Olympic weight lifting trainers and i think I'll see what's up with all of that. Who knows, you might see me at the Olympics competing against some huge dudes!

Top Bottom