Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

This is why all attorneys should be hot like HR

Dial_tone

MVP
EF VIP
So we can fuck them like they fuck the little guy. Get a load of this:
-----------------

A Washington, D.C., dry cleaners says it’s their business a longtime customer is taking to the cleaners.

A $10 dry cleaning bill for a pair of trousers has ballooned into a $67 million civil lawsuit.

Plaintiff Roy Pearson, a judge in Washington, D.C., says in court papers that he’s been through the ringer over a lost pair of prized pants he wanted to wear on his first day on the bench.

He says in court papers that he has endured “mental suffering, inconvenience and discomfort.”

He says he was unable to wear that favorite suit on his first day of work.

He’s suing for 10 years of weekend car rentals so he can transport his dry cleaning to another store.

The lawsuit is based in large part on Pearson’s seemingly pained admission that he was taken in by the oldest and most insidious marketing tool in the dry cleaning industry arsenal.

“Satisfaction Guaranteed.”

[…]

Defending themselves against the suit — for two years running — are Korean immigrants Jin and Soo Chung and their son, who own Custom Cleaners and two other dry cleaning shops in the Fort Lincoln section of Washington, D.C.

The ABC News Law & Justice Unit has calculated that for $67 million Pearson could buy 84,115 new pairs of pants at the $800 value he placed on the missing trousers in court documents. If you stacked those pants up, they would be taller than eight Mount Everests. If you laid them side by side, they would stretch for 48 miles.

[…]

According to court papers, here’s how Pearson calculates the damages and legal fees:

He believes he is entitled to $1,500 for each violation, each day during which the “Satisfaction Guaranteed” sign and another sign promising “Same Day Service” was up in the store — more than 1,200 days.

And he’s multiplying each violation by three because he’s suing Jin and Soo Chung and their son.

He also wants $500,000 in emotional damages and $542, 500 in legal fees, even though he is representing himself in court.

He wants $15,000 for 10 years’ worth of weekend car rentals as well.

After enlisting neighbors and fellow customers, he sought to expand the case into a class action suit, but was denied, angrily, by District of Columbia Civil Judge Neal Kravitz.

“The Court has significant concerns that the plaintiff is acting in bad faith and with an intent to delay the proceedings,” the judge wrote in court papers. “Indeed, it is difficult to draw any other conclusion, given the plaintiff’s lengthy delay in seeking to expand the scope of the case, the breathtaking magnitude of the expansion he seeks, his failure to present any evidence in support of the thousands of claims he says he wishes to add, and his misrepresentation concerning the scope of his first amended complaint.”

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Story?id=3119381&page=1
 
  • Like
Reactions: jh1
we can only hope he is insured, and incorporated correctly.. so the judge doesn't see a dime..

Dial_tone said:
So we can fuck them like they fuck the little guy. Get a load of this:
-----------------

A Washington, D.C., dry cleaners says it’s their business a longtime customer is taking to the cleaners.

A $10 dry cleaning bill for a pair of trousers has ballooned into a $67 million civil lawsuit.

Plaintiff Roy Pearson, a judge in Washington, D.C., says in court papers that he’s been through the ringer over a lost pair of prized pants he wanted to wear on his first day on the bench.

He says in court papers that he has endured “mental suffering, inconvenience and discomfort.”

He says he was unable to wear that favorite suit on his first day of work.

He’s suing for 10 years of weekend car rentals so he can transport his dry cleaning to another store.

The lawsuit is based in large part on Pearson’s seemingly pained admission that he was taken in by the oldest and most insidious marketing tool in the dry cleaning industry arsenal.

“Satisfaction Guaranteed.”

[…]

Defending themselves against the suit — for two years running — are Korean immigrants Jin and Soo Chung and their son, who own Custom Cleaners and two other dry cleaning shops in the Fort Lincoln section of Washington, D.C.

The ABC News Law & Justice Unit has calculated that for $67 million Pearson could buy 84,115 new pairs of pants at the $800 value he placed on the missing trousers in court documents. If you stacked those pants up, they would be taller than eight Mount Everests. If you laid them side by side, they would stretch for 48 miles.

[…]

According to court papers, here’s how Pearson calculates the damages and legal fees:

He believes he is entitled to $1,500 for each violation, each day during which the “Satisfaction Guaranteed” sign and another sign promising “Same Day Service” was up in the store — more than 1,200 days.

And he’s multiplying each violation by three because he’s suing Jin and Soo Chung and their son.

He also wants $500,000 in emotional damages and $542, 500 in legal fees, even though he is representing himself in court.

He wants $15,000 for 10 years’ worth of weekend car rentals as well.

After enlisting neighbors and fellow customers, he sought to expand the case into a class action suit, but was denied, angrily, by District of Columbia Civil Judge Neal Kravitz.

“The Court has significant concerns that the plaintiff is acting in bad faith and with an intent to delay the proceedings,” the judge wrote in court papers. “Indeed, it is difficult to draw any other conclusion, given the plaintiff’s lengthy delay in seeking to expand the scope of the case, the breathtaking magnitude of the expansion he seeks, his failure to present any evidence in support of the thousands of claims he says he wishes to add, and his misrepresentation concerning the scope of his first amended complaint.”

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Story?id=3119381&page=1
 
That is pretty shitty.

However, dry cleaners should not get a pass when they ruin your shit. It happens too often and all I get is "I sorry, but in Dry Cleaning we cannot guarantee your clothes will not be shrunken or miscolored"

If you can't do the damn job right then why are you in business. I'd be happy if they had to pay for every article of clothing ruined. No lawsuits, though.
 
he probably just doesn't like Koreans so he figured he'd intimidate them into leaving the country.
 
You sure this guy's name wasn't Mark F......S? LMFAO If ya'll could read a fraction of the shit my ex files... but the sad part is the judge actually grants most of his requests. So, I just ignore the orders. LOL

I am still trying to figure out how exactly I am supposed to replenish a trust that does not exist....
 
That judge should be severely sanctioned for such a frivolous lawsuit. I personally think such horrible judgment also means he is probably a shitty judge in general and should lose his position on the bench. Lawyers like that make me sick, too.
 
PS...thanks for calling me hot even though I can't see my knees these days.
 
i pissed my pants reading that ... then again reading this freaking fool is representing himself. LOL...
 
In all the legal shit that I have seen not once have I seen any hot lawyer girls..They are all older snobby bitches..
Although there are a few good looking probation officers roaming around.
 
heatherrae said:
PS...thanks for calling me hot even though I can't see my knees these days.


really... seriously... who the hell cares about your knees anyway? LOL

hee hee

:heart:
 
Angel said:
In all the legal shit that I have seen not once have I seen any hot lawyer girls..They are all older snobby bitches..
Although there are a few good looking probation officers roaming around.
Dang! Thanks! :worried:
 
Frisky said:
really... seriously... who the hell cares about your knees anyway? LOL

hee hee

:heart:
I can't see the kitty either. I had to guess to shave and trim today. It may be shaped like Vermont down there now. :lmao:
 
Angel said:
no no no, I meant here in this area in person..
You claim to be fat, post updated bump pics...
Okay, I will post some up sometime soon. Nothing much has changed except the bump got bigger.
 
Angel said:
Just wait until you are about 8 months along! Lolol
How I remember those days..
I'm getting close to the 7th month. Only 2 weeks until I'm in the last trimester. =-)
 
heatherrae said:
I'm getting close to the 7th month. Only 2 weeks until I'm in the last trimester. =-)
lol, when you walk does your belly sway?
Like when you put your left foot forward your belly goes right and visa versa? Lmao
 
Angel said:
lol, when you walk does your belly sway?
Like when you put your left foot forward your belly goes right and visa versa? Lmao
No. :worried: Will it do that? Oh God. I grease myself up like a piglet on mayday trying not to get stretch marks...lol.
 
heatherrae said:
No. :worried: Will it do that? Oh God. I grease myself up like a piglet on mayday trying not to get stretch marks...lol.
yeah hopefully you wont get them..It all depends on the amount of elasticity in your body.
 
heatherrae said:
No. :worried: Will it do that? Oh God. I grease myself up like a piglet on mayday trying not to get stretch marks...lol.

Wont do any good as stretchmarks begin from the inside out. There is no over the counter cream that you can get which will penetrate all eight layers of the skin, except emu oil. Just stay well hydrated, this will help to keep your skin more supple. But if you are genetically predisposed, you will get them regardless. From what I am told though, emu oil will help diminish them.

I had naught one stretch mark till about the end of my eigth month when I got a horrible stomach flu and puked for a day or two. Then it was like my abdomen ripped. :worried: And got more with subsequent pregnancies. Good news is that after I had 10 inches of loose skin removed, there are hardly any left. LOL
 
BIKINIMOM said:
Wont do any good as stretchmarks begin from the inside out. There is no over the counter cream that you can get which will penetrate all eight layers of the skin, except emu oil. Just stay well hydrated, this will help to keep your skin more supple. But if you are genetically predisposed, you will get them regardless. From what I am told though, emu oil will help diminish them.

I had naught one stretch mark till about the end of my eigth month when I got a horrible stomach flu and puked for a day or two. Then it was like my abdomen ripped. :worried: And got more with subsequent pregnancies. Good news is that after I had 10 inches of loose skin removed, there are hardly any left. LOL
Yeah, I know you are right about the oil. I guess it is my superstitious thing that I do.

My mother had 4 children and not one stretch mark on her entire body. When I was taking care of her when she was sick, my sister and I were amazed that she looked like her body was in her 20's or 30's.

I've already got some very small light one's on my hips from puberty, but they are not too noticable. Hopefully, I will take after my mom and not get any from being pregnant.
 
Top Bottom