Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This 3rd cup of coffee tastes like shit.

the chemicals in coffee sitting in a pot sit there reacting, so the taste will change. also, as the temperature changes, the relative solubility of smelly chemicals in the coffee will also change, changing the taste. also, the chemicals in coffee and tea react with the proteins on your tongue/in your nose, changing your ability to taste the coffee...meaning that the coffee is the same, its just you suck at realising it.

kind of like a "baby, its not you, its me" situation...with beverages ;)

and to think i used to think my chemistry lecturer was a nerd :( someone come kill me :(

GoldenDelicious said:
the chemicals in coffee sitting in a pot sit there reacting, so the taste will change. also, as the temperature changes, the relative solubility of smelly chemicals in the coffee will also change, changing the taste. also, the chemicals in coffee and tea react with the proteins on your tongue/in your nose, changing your ability to taste the coffee...meaning that the coffee is the same, its just you suck at realising it.

kind of like a "baby, its not you, its me" situation...with beverages ;)

and to think i used to think my chemistry lecturer was a nerd :( someone come kill me :(

THanks for that explanation! I am now even smarter.

GoldenDelicious said:
the chemicals in coffee sitting in a pot sit there reacting,
Plus, if the coffee is sitting on a hot plate, the water is evaporating, changing the chemical densities.
Tim Horton's has done studies & determines the coffee is no longer any good after 20 min on the plate, so they time their pots & dump the old stuff.

Testosterone boy said:
BM...your daughter wants to use the computer.

She's gone tonight. No school tomorrow. Even though I have to argue with her and she drives me nuts, I miss her.

Top Bottom