Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Wisdom of Socrates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grow up and broaden your mind a little, the bee death thing is a bad scene. You want to rely on S. America, Venezuela, Chile, etc., for fruits, nuts, beans, squash?

How healthy is a country that relies on another country for the staples of its diet?

FYI, they figured out what kills the bees, but Congress, the EPA and the FDA aren't willing to tell Monsanto and Bayer to stop making systemic pesticides (ergo, impacting corporate bottom line). Europe was and colony collapse disorder was almost unheard of in about a year.

How healthy is a country that relies on other countries for staples of its economy (oil)?

How healthy is a country that relies on other countries for staples of its economy (oil)?
Oil needs to stop being a staple of this economy. That's just as fucked up as having an economy that revolves on shit people buy at WalMart and Best Buys, none of which is built in this country. In time a lot of other countries in the world are going to be way better off than us because they have mass transit infrastructures that don't rely on petroleum. Not the US. But heaven's forbid we should talk about raising taxes and rebuilding the railroads. Raise taxes to build better bombs to go take oil from other people though, sure.

Oil is not a renewable resource and I just don't get the denial that revolves around this issue.

Americans need to learn to live within their ecological means and stop sucking the life out of this planet like they're the only ones living here.

Eh, what do I care, I'm not expecting grandkids. People with the hopes of grandchildren, different story. The legacy being left to the future is a steaming pile.

America is in too deep for oil so we need to at least rely on our own oil more while we work on feasible alternatives. We have to open more avenues for domestic oil production which buys us time at least. Instead of playing politics with the whole damn thing

“Eliminating the fear that the world is running out of oil eliminates an urgency to experiment with or to implement alternative fuels including biofuels, wind energy, and solar energy as long as these energies remain less energy-efficient, less reliable, and more costly than using oil and natural gas.”

There are, in fact, “more proven petroleum reserves than ever before, despite the increasing rate at which we are consuming petroleum products worldwide” says Dr. Corsi, noting that the Energy Information Administration of the U.S. Department of Energy, in on record that “there are more proven crude oil reserves worldwide than ever in recorded history, despite the fact that worldwide consumption of crude oil has doubled since the 1970s.”

Is oil a renewable resource?

Oil needs to stop being a staple of this economy. That's just as fucked up as having an economy that revolves on shit people buy at WalMart and Best Buys, none of which is built in this country. In time a lot of other countries in the world are going to be way better off than us because they have mass transit infrastructures that don't rely on petroleum. Not the US. But heaven's forbid we should talk about raising taxes and rebuilding the railroads. Raise taxes to build better bombs to go take oil from other people though, sure.

Oil is not a renewable resource and I just don't get the denial that revolves around this issue.

Americans need to learn to live within their ecological means and stop sucking the life out of this planet like they're the only ones living here.

Eh, what do I care, I'm not expecting grandkids. People with the hopes of grandchildren, different story. The legacy being left to the future is a steaming pile.

So let's do a flat tax on every single man, woman and child in the country every year for the government to make renewable fuel investments. If we charged $2,000 per head, that would generate 300M (people) x 2,000 = 600B per year to spend on solving the problem.

So for a family of four, we'd only be talking about $8,000 per year in new taxes. Isn't keeping the future from becoming a "steaming pile" worth that much? Would you be ready to stroke that $8,000 check?

So let's do a flat tax on every single man, woman and child in the country every year for the government to make renewable fuel investments. If we charged $2,000 per head, that would generate 300M (people) x 2,000 = 600B per year to spend on solving the problem.

So for a family of four, we'd only be talking about $8,000 per year in new taxes. Isn't keeping the future from becoming a "steaming pile" worth that much? Would you be ready to stroke that $8,000 check?

How about a petroleum usage tax? Similar to sales tax on consumers except the government installs petro tracking devises an everyones homes like electric meters, and mandatory mileage reporting requirements for every vehicle. Everyone would have to pay a tax based on total annual usage right down to how many rubber bands each household goes through a year.
Surely everyone who is pro-environment will lineup for the government to track them.

No it doesn't, that's my line of work, that supports my family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So funny, the green peace showed up to the oil sands in 2 choppers....fucking idiots...go figure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom