Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the supplement industry is seriously fucking corrupt

PuddleMonkey said:
Oh yeah, Cell-Tech made me 260lb is 3 days with a 0.6% bodyfat.
in the words of wootoom: uh......der......uhhhhh. dude your gay.............and uh.......fuck you. is wootoom a george bush alter?

layinback said:
its fuckin criminal. i have a kid workin for me and he has spent thousands on this shit. years ago i made the same mistake. if the supplement companies did double blind and otherwise controlled studies they wouldnt be able to peddle there snake oils. it is a modern day version of patent medicine. not to say some supplements dont work but the vast majority do not. the 2 most most powerful tools in marketing appeal to greed and curiosity and the supplement co. know this all to well. but hyp we gotta keep the fda out of it. maybe a self policing entity comprised of commercially disinterested folks that could test this shit real world style. i dont know the answer but it aint the fda. corrupt inefficient bastards would regulate creatine and vitamins if allowed.

you make some great points bro.

when a person first starts training and taking supplements they're bound to get fucked over bigtime by supplement industry con artist,and I'm convinced that 90% of the people on this website have bought useless over hyped supplements.it seriously pisses me off to the extent of being leery about any new supplement that comes out anymore.

I agree with you that the vast majority of supplements don't work,yet the motherfuckers are making millions off of selling useless shit to the uninformed.

Perhaps the FDA shouldn't oversee the supplement industry,because as I've said they're already corrupt as hell and can't be trusted at all.if it's not inline with pushing their pharmacueticals they're gonna put a stop to it,which is seriously fucked up imo.A self policing entity comprised of commercially disinterested folks that could test the products actually sounds like a great idea.

jhondo said:
It's been that way since the beginning of supplements but yeah, I agree though I didn't use to. The knee jerk reaction is that we don't want the FDA to oversee anything but in this case it might be a good idea. OTOH, we know what works and what doesn't pretty much...if there was more of a buyer beware mentality from us then these products wouldn't sell and the companies would go out of business. We, as consumers, could make that happen but unfortunately, there are too many people who want to believe that each new supplement is THE SECRET to getting hyooge. Bill Phillips is prolly a billionaire from all the bullshit EAS crap he used to hawk; stuff that isn't even on the market now because it's useless and people finally realized it. He was a smart mother fucker, but a sheister none the less, just like most supplement companies.

Funny, isn't it, how every time you watch TV there is an advertisement for some new prescription drug for some common ailment. The pharm. companies want to make money off us so bad they advertise on television constantly and the FDA allows these drugs to be pretty easily attained by a visit to your doc. Yet, try to get a vial of test and all of a sudden, you're a felon. It is absolutely ass backwards. These bullshit prescription drugs are fine and dandy but these aren't...it's fucked.

The current situation is crazy. It seems like anything any government entity does is totally arbitrary. Well, arbitrary to us - to them it's whatever makes the most money or makes them look like they're catering to what the public wants.

some great points made again

As far as that we know what works and what doesn't I would have to disagree.when I test a new supplement I'm taking a chance each and everytime because there isn't any reliable non biased double blind studies done to rely upon...and I find that seriously fucked up.we need a independent company that monitors the supplement industry and actually tests the effectiveness of their products and if the claims hold up or are just entirely bullshit.

speaking of Bill Phillips a long time ago he was actually credible,especially back when he was writing the anabolic review...now he's more into pushing his fucking supplements and rarely speaks as truthfully as he used to...and he's rich because of it I suppose...but that's not a noble thing in anyway shape or form imo.

I am in total agreement with your perspective on the pharmaceutical industry,they are constantly programming us through commercials and demonizing anything that they don't push themselves.

what amazes me is that they have invented disorders like 'restless leg syndrome' to push their goddamned drugs.that shit wasn't even heard of until some pharmaceutical marketer baked it up.

The last time I saw supplement claim enforcement was back when the state of NY went after Cybergenics (remember that) for making all those absurd claims. Cybergenics did not stop making them, but after the legal wrestling they did put on their packaging "These results are not typical for individuals living in the state of New York."

CremasterBlaster said:
Let me ask this too......assuming you were Ronnie or Jay, and had a Sandow or two under your belt.....would you be the "face" of a supplement company like Muscletech, knowing full well all you did was eat hard, train hard and juice hard........the crap doesn't work but you get paid nontheless, so that more people can run out and spend hard earned dollars......

excellent post bro

It's sad that professional bodybuilder's represent a supplement company that's selling fake ass products that don't work.....knowing full well that what they have their face on advertisements that are complete and total shit.then again when you compare the money that a bodybuilder makes with that of a professional football or basketball player makes it's mind blowing...and depressing in a way.

think about all the money the bodybuilder invests in steroids,human growth hormone and everything it takes to achieve the body hes trying to build,not to mention all the fucking hours of hard work in the gym,the diet and everything else...it's a fucking wonder they even break even money wise.

hyp1 said:
They make outrageous fucking claims and don't have to have a shred of proof or evidence to back them up.I don't think the food and drug administration is great by any means,but perhaps if they oversaw the supplement industry and made them back their claims up with double blind studies and solid evidence the supplement industry might be a helluva lot more respectable.

I'm positive that would lead to more red tape concerning the approval of supplements,but in a way it would weed out a lot of con artists.I'm not real impressed with the FDA's approval of bullshit prescription drugs either for that matter,there is inner corruption,make no doubt about that.Things need to change drastically for anything to work.

It's unusual when you find a product that actually does what it's advertised to do............that's precisely why amplify 02,and dermacrine sustain are selling so well.I think it's terrific that these guys businesses are doing well and it's for good reason...........they're not out to con anyone and deliver on their statements.

what are your thoughts on this topic?
lol some of the stuff in dermacrin reg used to be illegal just a few years ago...
and I see it going back that way some day....

custom caps has a lot of herbals,NUTRACEUTICALS,MINERALS,BOTANICALS,DIGESTIVE ENZYMES,VITAMINSAMINO ACIDS,and other ingredents of all kinds along with many deferent sports sums abroad...it makes no huge clams of its on rather if you click on the ingredents you will see ether what science studies and testing has proved it to do or what it is b leaved to do threw ether lots of people saying it dos or its just bin used for that since the stone age.

I have come up with many deferent caps to help with lots of deferent things
and I always tell people it might not work for every one but so far I have had a good number lets say 8 out of ten use something I told them would work for them and it did.

I will not put my name on huge claims.I tell people str8 out what it will do wont do or just flat out tell them I do believe it can help you but it might not...

same with dermacrin reg dermacrin sustain and dermatherm...when it first came out testing was don,peopleused the products,feed back was made and all in all it was proven by what it dilvered to the people before huge clams by me was made.

Ill never bullshit some one it just ant right.bullshit just means you know your products dont work so you have to sling shit to get them to sell.if the product
works it will sell its self sooner or later....

now have I bumped threads,told as many people about the products as I could,got the word out every chance I get and pretty much shoved the products in your face....oooo hell yes I have..you have to if you dont you just dont sell products.look at cook,burger king,kfc,and all the huge chains out there there big for to reason.1 they sell a good product people like it and 2 they advertize like fucking crazy there in your face all day from the time you wake till the time you sleep....if people dont know about you they want buy from you its plain and simple....

some people may say well word of moth should be all you need to tell your products bull shit.yes word of mouth is the strongest of all advertising but you have to get people in the door before they will tern around and tell some one else....the more people you get using it the more people they will tell and so on and so forth....thats the nature of the beast guys.

so there is a big deference between advertising,pushing,and just bullshitting
no the deference and dont lump them all together!!!!!!!

Top Bottom