Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The SL Press

SouthernLord

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
EF VIP
So yeah, I have an exercise named after me. How fucking awesome is that! Haha

Ok, I doubt I'm the inventor of this, but I've never seen anyone else do it and it's an awesome exercise for your fatceps.

It's basically a hybrid extension/press on an incline. We use a barbell.

Take a close grip. I put my index fingers on the smooth.

You break at the elbows first during the eccentric. Keep your elbows tucked hard and lower the bar slow and controlled.

The bar path should be straight down towards your face/throat.

Lower the bar until your forearms meet your biceps. Your elbows should stay infront of the bar and at the bottom of the lift you should have a three or four inch gap between the bar and your face/throat/sternum. It is not a full ROM, but that's ok. This is a tri exercise.

For the concentric start the lift as you would an extension. Mid way through the concentric flair your elbows and finish the lift as a press.

So this is basically an incline JM press but that sounds stupid lol

I've done these the past few weeks and they wreck my tris with no elbow discomfort and very little delt/pec involvement.

I've been doing sets of ten or so reps, but I feel the potential is there to load up on the weights.

Try them out and let me know what you think.

wow I cant really picture that. Not sure how you handle that though your shoulders are looking pretty undeveloped in that avatar man:confused::D BTW you were right about the chewing now I'm chewing 3 times a day:( Gonna cut back to one today though....but wait that's what I said yesterday:confused:

Think of an incline BB extension with a 10 inch grip. Lower the bar like an extension, start the concentric like an extension, but finish the lift by pressing and locking out your elbows. I'll look for a video.

Nic is a horrible drug lol

My training partner likes using the smith for these. I feel them better with the BB.

Think of an incline BB extension with a 10 inch grip. Lower the bar like an extension, start the concentric like an extension, but finish the lift by pressing and locking out your elbows. I'll look for a video.

Nic is a horrible drug lol

Oh okay thanks I think I get it. So basically kind of like a sloppy form extension? IE you see people all the time doing too much weight and ending up kind of pressing it instead of doing an extension.

I think I'll try these on bench day on thursday. I remember doing regular jm press and liking it. It seems for me the only movements that really seem to torch my tri's are jm press and cable pressdown using similar technique pressing it down in comparison to jm pressing it up if that make sense.

I definitely believe in high weight for triceps. I have tried kickbacks, skullcrushers and behind the head db extension using both arms and none of them seem to hit my tricep how I like it.

You could have weak wrists or something about their exact structure doesn't do well with the particular grip and angles.

With a thumbless grip I don't feel anything in the wrists.

You could have weak wrists or something about their exact structure doesn't do well with the particular grip and angles.

With a thumbless grip I don't feel anything in the wrists.

Have you seen his log? He is lifting a jack ton of weight on everything.....for triceps he was doing some crazy lifts. However I think maybe a little wrist strengthening would be a good thing, my wrist injury is always hurting now:(

Top Bottom