Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Good Thing About Shorter Cycles

well it took me about 8 weeks before I really noticed it, if you stop at 6 weeks then you waste it. But please if you think there's a way to put it into a 6 week cycle tell me, I'm all ears.

What you notice and what is occurring are 2 different things. EQ doesn't lie dormant and then suddenly start working after 8 weeks.

A lot of people don't start seeing results until late in the cycle for many reasons. I'd have to evaluate what you're doing and what you;re doing wrong. I notice a difference within 2 weeks, sometime less, no matter what I use. Though as suggested, you can use orals the first week to get your AAS levels up immediately.

The reason carnivore levels were still high after 3 weeks was the amount he was taken, but I still have to suspect that's a bit high, though he admits the following week it dropped in half. So, in some cases, some people may retain the effects longer, but the ester is active for 2 weeks, after which it will dissipate. In some people it may dissipate a few days slower. At any rate, a few days here and there don't matter. You should always consider the last 2 weeks after your last shot as still "on" and then the time "off" from there.

There is a lot of merit to running shorter cycles since gains stall out after 8-10 weeks due to myostatin and homeostasis anyways.

However there are a lot of valid arguments with longer cycles as well, especially when doing a recomp cycle like I do (bulk up first half of cycle, cut last half) or for a longer contest prep of 12-16 weeks.

Most of the time I keep my cycles around 12 weeks which seems to be a good number for me and my goals

There is a lot of merit to running shorter cycles since gains stall out after 8-10 weeks due to myostatin and homeostasis anyways.

However there are a lot of valid arguments with longer cycles as well, especially when doing a recomp cycle like I do (bulk up first half of cycle, cut last half) or for a longer contest prep of 12-16 weeks.

This is probably the best protocol for longer cycles, because the myostatin issue is very real.

What I find most interesting regarding the myostatin issue is that it was very consistent in the way it effected both groups.

Both groups, older and younger men reached peak myostatin levels at 8 weeks (56 days) and then came back down to baseline at week 20 (day 140).

Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum
Measurement of myostatin concentrations in human serum: Circulating concentrations in young and older men and effects of testosterone administration

So this would indicate that EVERYONE is effected by the myostatin issue.

Now, of course you might be able to change, bump or extend things a little by switching up compounds, increasing doses, etc. But, either way, this study clearly shows that your body (via myostatin) is fighting you.

So Rick's protocol seems to be the most sensible for longer cycles.

By the way, I've always found 6-8 week cycles or blasts to be most effective. After that, gains stall and then I lose focus and intensity.

Top Bottom