Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thanks AAP for the chicken recipe

jnevin said:
Short grain brown rice is what I always eat. It takes around 55 minutes at my altitude.

OMG! :worried:

How do you cook it? How many cups to do cook at a time?

I take a 1:1.7 ratio of long grain rice to liquid (water or stock), put the rice in season with kosher salt and red pepper flakes and slightly toast, add water wait for boil cover and set to low for up to 20 min (I check near the end) and poof it's done.

velvett said:
OMG! :worried:

How do you cook it? How many cups to do cook at a time?

I take a 1:1.7 ratio of long grain rice to liquid (water or stock), put the rice in season with kosher salt and red pepper flakes and slightly toast, add water wait for boil cover and set to low for up to 20 min (I check near the end) and poof it's done.

1 cup of rice to 2.5 cups of water. Chuck in a bay leaf, boil, cover, then simmer it on low heat for 55 minutes. I used to cook it in chicken broth, but my BP is high and I'm trying to cut down on sodium. I hate cutting down on sodium. Salt is delicious. Crispy, salty, deliciousness.

jnevin said:
1 cup of rice to 2.5 cups of water. Chuck in a bay leaf, boil, cover, then simmer it on low heat for 55 minutes. I used to cook it in chicken broth, but my BP is high and I'm trying to cut down on sodium. I hate cutting down on sodium. Salt is delicious. Crispy, salty, deliciousness.

huh

maybe it's the short grain and the amount of water

i make my own stock (you control the salt)
my fav is shrimp stock - i take all the shrimp shells save them in the freezer and when I have enough I simmer them and strain. YUM!

BOILED chicken? sounds like a new england/yankee thang....here in new orleans we fry, broil, bake, stew, bbq chicken. but BOIL IT? :sick: :worried:

Last edited:
Top Bottom