Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

testosterone question...

strongchick

I have a question that probably cannot be answered without a trip to the doctor for tests, but I'll give it a shot here anyway...

dont laugh...

I don't do gear, but I've been reading the gear threads on Anavar and Winstrol and Clen lately trying to understand the benefits....most women are concerned about the side effects, so they list them...then it occurred to me....

....I am a very feminine looking woman..., etc., but...I get hairs on my chin regularly...I obsessively pluck them out each night....I have always had acne on my upper back, and my voice is slightly deeper than most women....just like the sides they list... :alien:

but I have never taken steroids...stop laughing at me....

Does this mean I have a higher testosterone level than most (natural) women?

I can't get my hands on a digital camera yet...but when I do, I'll post some pics so I can get some critiques...I think I put on muscle easily...judging by my genetics, I am probably a mesomorphic/endomorphic type.

Strongchick,
Excellent observation and deduction. Yes, this could be one explanation, and there are several others.

Genetics has something to do with it of course. I have some mediteranian blood, and my daughters all have slightly heavier/darker body hair (and a unibrow) than their mom who is Brittish. Both of my sisters had these traits too, yet they were very feminine in appearance otherwise. My oldest sis has won many athletic trophies over the years. She recently won a local general fitness competition she entered as a dare at 53 years! Afterwards she was approached by a rep. for a well known HUMONGOUS (is that a word?) supplement company to be their Sr. model. They did not believe that she doesn't work out with heavy weights because she is quite muscular, even at 4'10 and 101 lbs.

One other very common cause of heavy body hair is polycystic ovary syndrome. I recently saw an estimate that stated about 10% of the Western worlds women have varying degrees of PCOS. Usually it is coupled with amenoreah and insulin insensitivity. I suspect that you would know you had this syndrome if you had ever had a diabetes screening or seen your gyn for menstrual irrigularities.

Do you have blood work results that you can share?

BE

I don't have blood work...yet....

I am 5'8" and about 150lbs., size 10. It used to be that at 150 I wore a size 12, so I think I have more muscle now...I have a fear of numbers when it comes to getting bodyfat, weighing, or measuring myself.

I am multiracial, mostly African American and white (Canadian) with a bit of American Indian (Choctaw)--Louisiana, woohoo!

I think my grandmother and mother are particularly muscular, even though they were overweight..and they are both very hairy. My brother has an easy time gaining muscle too....he's 5'11" and about 210lbs at 5-7% bodyfat at most, no gear.

It's just so weird being the only girl with muscle size...it doesn't really take much for me...but I don't know because I can't tell if the girls at the gyms I've been to are really trying for muscle or not...you know?

I'm afraid to do gear even if it would sharpen me up because of my genetic profile...

...when you get a blood workup, do you just ask, or do you have to have a medical reason for it?

Maybe just knowing is worth the effort...I mean...it would be great to sate my curiousity about my test levels. I have always been the different one :D

And what would the implications be if I really do have high testosterone levels? More potential for cancer? More potential to be a better bb'er?

I'd say it's probably your canadian roots... Canadians are pretty strong and in shape! (Guess who is Canadian???)

Little Girl

I'm english and have suspected for a while that I have a high level of test too. Although I am fair haired and blue eyed I have very oily skin, acne from the age of 12 (I am 26 now) and a high sex drive. I have always been athletic and my weight is on the heavy side. I have a 'wide' waist for my 'narrow' hips and my breasts are very small. Hair growth on my body has not been a problem but perhaps that is because I am fair. Since starting AS the only sides I have noticed is my sex drive increasing and clitoral enlargement.

I see the oily skin and sex drive as positive since it will mean I will age less and enjoy my partner more!

My boobs USED to be small, till I started the pill...I stopped years ago, but the boobs stayed!

(00) !

I too have a high sex drive...it drives my partners nuts, however. A larger clitoris couldn't possibly make it much worse (?)

Last edited:
I have used the pill too, on it my breasts go to between an A and B cup, off it they drop to like 1/2 the size of an A-cup.

The enlargened clitoris means more intense stimulation, but I have to be careful when sitting on the stationary cycle (!).

I wouldnt doubt if you have a higher testosterone level BUT you're the one that said you did some type of OTC andro/19-Nor products right? This could EASILY be the cause of all of those side effects you're noticing. If your test production is already a little bit higher and you're adding in a supplement like that it could be enough to give you those sides.

As for the enlarged clit, yes it will make your sex drive incredibly higher!!!!!!! That could also be caused from having a higher test level.

If you were to lose more weight your boobs will go away mostly... Especially if you dropped down to a size 5 or so. I used to be exactly in your shoes. I was about 160 lbs and was wearing a size 12/14. Terrible for being a former gymnast (level 10) but I let myself get overweight and finally got sick of it.

I started training and dieted down (naturally) all the way to 122 lbs and a size 3 at a high 11% bodyfat. SCARY... LOL. I looked very aneorexic (even though I was eating like crazy, just good foods!) but thats what I needed to do before I could really start building muscle on, or I'd just look like an even fatter person.

Then I started a cycle and put another 20 or so lbs on, and kept training like crazy...

Now I'm going to be competing in my first bbing competition and I'm weighing 145 lbs and 10% bodyfat. Big change for me especially because it hasnt even been a year since I was the 160, FAT...

If I was you, I'd get off that other OTC crap you're on and decide what you want to do. You're obviously getting the side effects and you need to figure out where you're going w/ your training. I KNOW you could easily drop your bodyfat and gain serious muscle if you changed a few things because you sound like a really hard worker in the gym...

Any questions, let me know. Sorry for rambling but this subject just gets me everytime...

By the way how old are you?? I'm 21/F...

AJ

Originally posted by AJD
I wouldnt doubt if you have a higher testosterone level BUT you're the one that said you did some type of OTC andro/19-Nor products right? This could EASILY be the cause of all of those side effects you're noticing. If your test production is already a little bit higher and you're adding in a supplement like that it could be enough to give you those sides.

I've had these things since way before I started 19-Nor-4-adiol. I haven't had any additional sides from this product, however....I guess graduating to gear is like starting marijuana then going to cocaine then to heroine :D

So 19-Nor-4 is my experiment. I would never have even tried it if someone on this board hadn't hinted that I could increase my strength. Last night I did a 315lb leg press for reps...a coup for me! Tonight is chest....I expect to be doing 55lb dumbbell presses for at least one set! We'll see. Most women don't bother with poundage as a measure of success..but it is the area I feel I excel in, so I'm working hard at it.

If you were to lose more weight your boobs will go away mostly... Especially if you dropped down to a size 5 or so. I used to be exactly in your shoes. I was about 160 lbs and was wearing a size 12/14. Terrible for being a former gymnast (level 10) but I let myself get overweight and finally got sick of it.

My body structure would never go to a size 5...if I were skinny with no muscle I could at most reduce to a size 8....I'm way too big...my hip bones are too wide....I'm 5'8-5'9", with 10 inch ankles and C-D cup....I'm more of a C cup now....my boobs have gone down a little...but not much...and my six-pack is just about showing!

If I was you, I'd get off that other OTC crap you're on and decide what you want to do. You're obviously getting the side effects and you need to figure out where you're going w/ your training. I KNOW you could easily drop your bodyfat and gain serious muscle if you changed a few things because you sound like a really hard worker in the gym...

My bodyfat isn't my biggest concern, actually...as a size 10 at my height, I feel comfortable...I like/want being big without the fat...I would estimate I'm at about 18-20% now...the majority of which is on my upper thighs...which is a decent range for someone not competing? I wonder at what percent would my six pack come through completely...but the numbers don't matter much to me anymore, except the poundages...I find it easier mentally to focus on big weight low reps for upper body and if my diet and cardio don't cut me up, then oh well...

I'm smooth when I don't flex, but when I do flex...it is pretty apparent that I'm in the gym often...which is the desired effect for me. I work with a lot of small men in an office that gets warm....I don't need the issues my body would bring at a really low bodyfat at the moment :)

Any questions, let me know. Sorry for rambling but this subject just gets me everytime...

By the way how old are you?? I'm 21/F...

AJ

I'm 33 years old...my main goals are strength right now, not so much to get low low bodyfat...I couldn't maintain a low BF anyway, given my genes....if I even LOOK at bread or pasta I add fat. I started out about 2 years ago weighing 201 lbs and at size 16 going on 18, then started working out doing only cardio..then I woke up about a year ago and started lifting seriously

....now I'm about 148lbs., give or take a couple, depending on time of day and month! Even comparing myself to women who do gear, I'm pretty strong...but a couple of my goals is to consistently be able to do chins from a dead hang and bench 200lbs...squats are very easy for me, so I don't care so much about the weight, but worry more about shaping my legs.

It's funny how different we all are...I imagine that a few years ago I would die to be 5% BF...but now...I'm just THINKING about competing and I'm not sure it is worth it to me personally.

I think it's great that you are so serious and dedicated so young....I spent most of my young life drinking and raising hell in college, then struggling with career, then a myriad of personal problems that prevented me from being serious about anything.

Now at 33 my secret desire is to show the 18-21 year old crowd how great non-skinny can look....I feel much more powerful...I've found that my size irritates women and attracts certain kinds of men....the fact that I look so physical and not thin is a curiousity...others seem to really enjoy looking at my body...especially since I haven't lost my boobs yet!

Lately I'm struggling with weight loss...I don't want to be any smaller...so 19-Nor-4 is cool for me for now...along with eating tons of good food and protein and my cardio groove...I seem to be still adding muscle while losing fat.

Last edited:
After reading my last reply in this thread I realize I probably sound confused...on the one hand, I want to lift as heavy as possible and gain muscle, on the other, I want to reduce some bodyfat.

What I'm really after is a step heavier and fuller than a fitness model. Small hips, big curvy legs and full, wide back with round shoulders and biceps....feminine, but muscular. Sounds almost like a cartoon.

I have considered gear, but not yet....maybe...

I want to see how far my genetics and hard work will take me, but I'm impatient, but also fearful...

If I already have more testosterone than other women, I don't want to mess with nature too much...but then, that cartoon body sounds good, too...

Top Bottom