Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Take a look at my Routine

Snick60

Hey fellas, this is my workout routine. Ive been lifting for abit now but am always open to constructive feedback and all suggestions to maximize my workout. Thanks ahead of time for taking your time to read this and all advise is definatly appreciated..Cheers!

All Sets and reps are as follows : 4 Sets 10 x 6 x 6 x Muscle failure (Reps)
These exersises are all in order of how I do them as well( not sure if that helps)

MON : Flat Bench Press
Dumbell Skull Crushers
Incline Bench Press
Cable Tricep Extension
Lower Cable Chest fly
Dips
Decline Bench Press
Tricep Machine (Not sure what you call it)
Abs 3 sets of 35

TUES: Dumbell Curl
Flat bar Shoulder Shruggs
Barbell upright row
Bicept Cable Curl
Dumbell Should Shurggs
Cable Lateral Raise
Dumbell Hammers
Reverse Dumbell Flys
Shoulder Machine (Not sure of name)
Abs 3 sets of 35

WED: Close-grip front lat pulldown
Lying T-bar row
Leg press
V bar pulldown
Seated back pull Machine
Leg extensions
Bent-arm barbell pullover
One arm dumbell row
Lying leg curls
Lat machine pulldown
Abs 3 sets of 35

THUR - Same as monday
FRI - Same as Tuesday
SAT - Same as Wed
Then 2 days off. then reapeat cycle.

Thats pretty much my routine, its worked out pretty well for me so far.. Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanks again for reading.. Cheers!

So what are your goals bro? Are you happy with this program or are you looking to change up. What do want here man? Need a little bit on diet too bro.

Thank for the input bro, u must have gotten my pm..:) ..well im looking to bulk up a bit more, I was just putting up my current workout program to see what you thought of it and any thing you all see wrong with it. Right now im 6'2 , 190 lbs, 15% BF, and a matter of fact I just started my beastdrol cycle today..:) .. I dont really have a specific diet per say..I pretty much just eat a big breakfast, lunch , and dinner with some snacks in between, Im also taking a protien shake daily, about 60 grams of protien a day just in the shake. Is there anything is specific I should be doing in my diet? basically I just eat as much as I can take every meal..any advice is welcome..cheers

way too much volume. you're trying to bulk? Do less work in the gym and a LOT more work at the dinner table. You could gain like crazy on a very simple 3 day a week routine focusing on the compound lifts and getting 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

I like CEO method for protein.
I also really really like the StronLifts 5x5 program.
I think you could do wonders with this combo bro. Check the SL5x5. If you do it dont change anything at all in the program, it is a total winner.
Let us know what you think.

sorry it took me a bit to respond.

I do a simple 3 day split routine.

day 1: pushing
day 2: pulling
day 3: legs.

rinse repeat.. if i need a day off i take a day off.. and i always mix up my exercises each split.. i never do the same workout.. the ONLY consistent thing about my workouts is i start out with compound movements and i love to try and break new barriers. I'm actually close to blowing away my bench press record which is awesome considering i weigh 7-8 pounds less than i did when i set it a year ago

experience is crucial with your workout style. over time you will find your own way that works best for you. some guys like 3X per week, some guys like 6X per week.. some guys like 5X5's.. some guys like 3X8's.. some guys do centuries once a month, some guys avoid them altogether.

Your working way too much, needa cut down on the volume.
3 day splits work well.
Diet is also just as important.

IcE

sorry it took me a bit to respond.

I do a simple 3 day split routine.

day 1: pushing
day 2: pulling
day 3: legs.

rinse repeat.. if i need a day off i take a day off.. and i always mix up my exercises each split.. i never do the same workout.. the ONLY consistent thing about my workouts is i start out with compound movements and i love to try and break new barriers. I'm actually close to blowing away my bench press record which is awesome considering i weigh 7-8 pounds less than i did when i set it a year ago

experience is crucial with your workout style. over time you will find your own way that works best for you. some guys like 3X per week, some guys like 6X per week.. some guys like 5X5's.. some guys like 3X8's.. some guys do centuries once a month, some guys avoid them altogether.

It doesn't make sense to me to never do the same workout/always mix up exercises. How do you break barriers and set a new PR when you never do the same workout?

I recommend the opposite. Find a program like the 5x5 et.al. and do it as laid out. The variation comes not in constantly changing the exercises, but in constantly progressing in poundages. Each week add a little weight to the bar. If it's 5 lbs, or 2.5 lbs. You can get/make fractional weights/plates so you can add as little as a pound or 1/2 lb. to the bar even. When you can no longer add weight to a single exercise you rotate the exercise out with a similar one and progress on that. When you reach a point where you can no longer progress on a majority of exercises, you de-load for 2-3 weeks and start again fresh.

It doesn't make sense to me to never do the same workout/always mix up exercises. How do you break barriers and set a new PR when you never do the same workout?.

the compound movements are consistent... ie bench, deadlift, squats, pulls etc.
I do several of the same things every workout split... i always like to get pullups in on my pulling days and dips in on my pushing days for example.. so i see where you are coming from and I am not disagreeing with that.

what I'm saying when i say mix things up is for example.. start out with bench, then do incline bench next. then the next split do bench, then do decline. or do deadlifts, then do squats on your next split day. instead of just doing deadlifts over and over.

instead of doing the same thing over and over.. yes you will break barriers... you are still working your chest just as hard when you bench then do the decline/incline next. or do deadlift and then squats on your next leg day. or you can mix them together.. do 2 sets of squats, and 2 sets of deadlifts... keep tricking your muscles.
i can't do the 3 workout a week vanilla workouts.. i get bored and exhausted, but i do see a lot of guys who do the same workouts everytime... one dude works out 2 times per week and does the same thing everytime like clockwork.. 5 minutes on the treadmill walking, then he does the ab coaster, then he does leg extensions, then he benches for 5 sets.. and then he goes home, literally he has done this same workout for the past 2 years on monday and thursday and I can tell you exactly what time he gets to the gym... different strokes for different folks... but in my gym there are literally dozens and dozens of different machines, free weights etc. why just limit yourself to that? i'm not saying you are advocating that but i still say its more fun to keep trying new workouts.. just like listening to the same music on my headphones, i gotta keep changing music.

Top Bottom