Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

switching diets....

big calvin

well i was on a 50p/30c/20f diet and im pissed! my insulin is still high and i think i havent lost any weight. the reason i say that my insulin is high, very high infact is cause im newilly diabetic but im not taking insulin cause i want to try to lower it with diet. im like around 200-300 and the norm is like 70-80 i think some where around there...anyways i want to do a keto diet but there are so many now, before i just use to cut the carbs and eat what every protein i wanted. now u got all these diets, protein power, atkins, ckd,tkd,and now im reading about this fat fast thing...i dont know what to do.....i dont eat veggies, maybe lettuce but that all. i had my caloires at like 2500-3000 caloires(if u guys remember im about 460lbs at bout 55% bodyfat) so should i go by lbm for protien and fat grams or what?

need alot of help guys.

ohh and one test i found out is i sometime take adipokinetix and that really helps to lower my glucose levels, they go down to like 170...

Hi there Big Calvin. I'm sorry to hear about your sitch. I definitely think a keto diet is a good idea for you, but i really think you should get a local (real) dietician on board for this program. You need to make sure that you're blood glucose, body fat and insulin insensitivity are all dropping. Plus you need to know how to go about this in intimate detail. You can get some great but conflicting advice on the internet, but ultimately you need to drop your carbs and protein and raise your fat intake under supervision. I hope you realize (maybe not now but sometime soon) that your insistance on eating highly processed foods (such as bread) instead of fresh veggies cannot work for you long term. You may like or dislike cartain foods, and we can work with that to a certain extent. But you have to meet us at least half way and be prepared to give up some of the foods that you really really like for some other foods that you also really like. Cut the carbs, keep the meat and raw veggies and watch the bodyfat drop off. I hope Mr X will have some more detailed advice for you.

u know i think im in the process of "chaning" like your talking about, cause when i decided to switch to keot, i said F-it im just gonna eat a small salad with flax oil and olive oil with 3 of my meals.....i dont eat salad but i mean a little one cant taste that bad and there really nothing else i can eat that would give me fiber(other then other veggies) . i work with miss abs online, ive been with her for a long time but i always cheat and mess up :( but now i just have to, my health is at its worst now(not BP but like the insulin stuff) so i have to get my shit togeather.

thanks MS .

bump....here is what i came up with for a diet, i had some question at the end , just yes or no type stuff...

meal 1-4oz sirloin steak & 2 slices bacon p:46g c:0g f:25g f:0g

meal 3-1 roasted chicken thigh and drum & 2 slices bacon p:41g c:0g f:24g f:0g

meal 5-4oz sirloin steak & 2 slices bacon p:46g c:0g f:25g f:0g

snacks:(4)
4 slices bolagna & 2 slices cheese p:20g c:8g f:42g f:0g
2oz. sausage & 1 serving peanuts p:20g c:7g f:32g f:3g

total p:213g c:30gg f:222g f:6g 2970
29% 4% 67%

supplements:
multivitamin/mineral
5-htp 3 capsules
adipokenitix 6 capsules a day
chromium 800mcg
sugar free metamucil 3 servings a day

questions:
1. is crystal light ok?
2.is black coffe with heavy cream and sweet and low ok?
3. can i drink the atkins pre made shakes?
4.sence im diabetic that doesnt take insulin, would a TKD after one week on staight keto be ok? if so what would be pre/post workout?

thanks.

Bread is evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres some type of diabetics(I think the one that doesn't make insulin) that ketosis could be deadly.

here is a paragraph from an article:

" At this point the naysayers are hoping I'll forget about the metabolic condition called ketoacidosis so they can show their friends and whine about how the ketogenic diet is really a killer and how anyone who even remotely suggests it's an alternative diet is also a killer and a lunatic. Sorry, you don't get your wish. Ketoacidosis is a condition in which ketone bodies are created in such large quantities that they literally make the blood more acidic. When this happens a series of events occur which may cause impairment of organ function and eventual death. It is a very real concern for diabetics who are insulin dependent because they are missing a natural feedback mechanism to prevent excessive ketone body formation. For them, or
any other person with any condition being treated by a physician, this diet should only be implemented with physician assistance and guidance."

Last edited:
Well it's a start Big Calvin. The ketoacidosis is only relevant in uncontrolled (often undiagnosed) totally insulin dependant diabetics. It is very different to normal ketosis in folks who aren't insulin dependant.

Personally I would avoid a TKD if I were you. The reason for this is that short term high fat diets will make your insulin resistance worse, so dumping high GI carbs in will work against you (unless you use insulin/metformin). Better to go straight keto for a while. After even a few weeks in ketosis your insulin sensitivity may improve, and then you can consider some carb periods. But really, the best thing you can do for yourself is find a decent dietician to work with you. It's gonna be pretty hard going it alone. Also have your insulin sensitivity monitored regularly.

thanks everyone..

yeah MS i do think SKD is better, i mean when i first found out i was diabetic( and at then i had my glucose at 556!) and fasting was 315 blood glucose i went on well atkins(little to no carbs) my glucose lowered to about 205 after 2 weeks, well i guess i got stupid and thought "ohh i got this on check" and started to eat bread and little soda and bam! i got off it. but i do think keto for like 1-3 months would get my blood sugar alot lower...

thanks guys, ill keep u guys posted

Top Bottom