Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Starting HIT and have some ?s

PegasusStar

Starting HIIT and have some ?s

Hey guys,
Im kinda new here and I have spent hours looking at the forums, mostly here on Women's.

Im starting a clean diet, lifting 2x a week, and hopefully the soreness will wear off in time to get 3 days of cardio in before I lift again.

From my research I see that the low intensity, long jogging that I have done for 30mins burns more fat calories and HIIT burns more carbs...so my ? is, what is the best pre work out meal to do HIIT?

At one point I was doing 30min slow jog, then 30min HIIT (higher than the slow jog but would last for about 2 mins), then I would do 15mins elliptical and 15mins stair climber....I was told that it was way too much cardio, which is prob true b/c I only did it 1 time a week.

...so my 2nd ? is, will I be ok to just do 30min HIIT 3 times a week? Do I also need to get slow cardio in as well.

Lastly, how long does the high intensity vs low intensity need to be...Ive read 30 sec intervals and I have read 2 mins?

I know youll ask my stats again,
Im trying to get rid of fat, gain muscle and be super tone
Im 5ft, female, 30yrs old, 150 lbs and 29% body fat.

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome :)

There should be no pre workout meal before cardio empty stomach will produce the most fat lose. I also suggest lifting a minium of 3 days weeek. What did you have planned out for your diet?

Thanks so much for the reply...

How long b/f my HIIT should I eat..2 hours, 3 hours?

Im trying to eat 5-6 meals a day.

All including Protein

Very much like you posted on your Sticky topics...Ive really been doing a lot of research here.

No more Lean Cuisine,

Lots of Chicken, fish, lean meat

Also, lots of veggies

Sample diet given to me by my PT...

Goal Cals- 15888
Goal Protein- 117 (Im 145-150 lbs)
Goal Fat- 34
Goal Carbs- 195

This is based on Weights 2x a week with 3x a week cardio...I just started a week ago, so as of now, Im too freekin sore to even do cardio b/t the 2 days of weights..hoping this will change and I can work up to 3 days weights.

Sample diet.

Breakfast: Banana, Strawberries, water, Whey
Snack: Rasberries
Lunch: Whole Wheat bread, Luttuce, Mustard, Tomatoe, Turkey Deli Meat
Snack: Zone bar
Dinner: Pinot Noir (I am a huge wine fan...i drink it every night, but maybe I have to give this up?), corn, Green Beans, Salmon

Please if you guys have any other suggesions on how to modify this or any tips, Please Please give me feedback

Thanks

Top Bottom