Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatting and fluid on the knee

fluidontheknee

Morning All

Anybody here have any experience of squatting after getting "fluid on the knee"?

Since the medical diagnosis, Ive done a months rehab, wobble board exercises, leg ext. Was told the knee didnt need to be drained, that the situation needed to be "managed/tolerated"
Since doing the rehab, the stiffness and soreness is much less than before.

It still causes discomfort after driving, sitting down and esp after getting out of bed in the morning
When walking etc its generally fine and gets better more I walk

Am intending to squat in next day or so in order to strengthen the legs, get some muscle tone back etc etc , but was wondering anybody here have the same experiences?
Anyone have any tips/advice/thoughts to pass on .

Obviously intent to start back slowly but just a bit nervous. Forwwarned is forearmed !
Thanks

If you squat correctly your knees arent in any danger. Focus on developing good technique before adding weight. And stop doing leg extentions they are bad for the knees. When squatting make sure you sit back, then down. If you go down first your knees will be out in.front of your toes and put alot of pressure on them. When you sit back the posterior chain supports the load, and the knees remain in a safe alignment. Keep your bodt tight and rigid with lower back arched, and chest high. Go to elitefts.com and watch Matt Wennings video series ( so you think you can squat). There is alot of good info on the videos and its free. Technique first, then weight.

Morning All

Anybody here have any experience of squatting after getting "fluid on the knee"?
A lifetimes worth...

Since the medical diagnosis, Ive done a months rehab, wobble board exercises,(bad) leg ext (and bad again bro)
. Was told the knee didnt need to be drained, that the situation needed to be "managed/tolerated" managed yes. tolerated hell no!
Since doing the rehab, the stiffness and soreness is much less than before.
Bro if that wobble board and leg extensions were your rehab and you to rehab therapy for that. Dont go there anymore cuz they dont know shit.

It still causes discomfort after driving, sitting down and esp after getting out of bed in the morning This is pretty typical.
When walking etc its generally fine and gets better more I walk

Am intending to squat in next day or so in order to strengthen the legs, get some muscle tone back etc etc , but was wondering anybody here have the same experiences?
Anyone have any tips/advice/thoughts to pass on .
Never ever do leg extensions again same for wobble board!
What you do is a nice 5-10 min warm up on the bike. Keep the tension low so that its easy to pedal. This is much less stress on your knees.
Then you move on to only body weight squats. Do them only till it gets uncomfortable. Even if this precludes doing weighted squats, that s fine for now. What I am interested in and you should be too is your longevity with your knees.
So if you can only do bod squats for now thats fine. Do then on a 2 second down, no pause, 2 secinds up, no pause.
When you can do 3-4 sets of 15-20 you and your knees are ready to move on to weighted squats.
When you do get to the weighted squats see what works for you. Back squat may hurt. If they do then dont do em. Try Front Squats. Also try Power Squats. Thats the only back squat that I can do and I can do front squats.
Its gonna take time bro and get that in your head right now. This is not something that you wanna rush.
When you have fluid on your knee then you stop and rest it till the fluid is gone. That is your bods way of telling you Hey Im Injured and that is what your bod does to protect itself from that injury.
Feel free to pm me if you wanna discuss or right here is fine too.
Good luck and plz continue this for others that have this issue.

Obviously intent to start back slowly but just a bit nervous. Forwwarned is forearmed !
Thanks

Good luck bro.

also google something called "frog squats"
I started a morbidly obese woman on them for stabilizing knees and hip abductors...
as well as bridges with squeezing a ball between the legs with an extra squeeze at the top

I forget the names of all of these exercises but theres an entire knee therapy set up that involve bands and swinging your foot in front of you laterally and crossing over the front of your foot
I can go look and see if I can find links to the right exercises
you need to look into some joint health supplements as well..
I would also google "foam roller myofascial" just like that and apply it to your quads hams and glutes

I bristle a little when someone mentions squats are bad for your knees..including some so called "trainers" and medical peeps...the opposite is true. If done correctly (and here is the problem) they will stabilize your knee a LOT and pretty much all knee problems start out as muscle imbalances ..even "water on the knee"
its like when you get a blister from friction your body sends fluid to the area to cushion the area...its the same with your knees

lastly, has your Dr talked to you about draining the bursa? and or injecting cortisone into the bursa space?? I took an elderly pt for some very painful injections into her big toes for the bursas..poor thing had bunions that literally were the size of eggs
it was VERY painful for her but she walked out on her own...and by the next day the inflammation was gone by more than half...by three days they looked completely normal
she never needed another injection and she and the podiatrist were very pleased

good luck

Top Bottom