Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat Clean video - help on regrab...

carlsuen said:
SOME ONE PLS STICKY THIS!!! man.. from the looks of this slow-mo.. it looks like nelms' vid and mine are totally late at the catch.. we tend to catch it first before diving in to the front squat.. dang.. gotta relearn my form now.. :rolleyes:

A possible reason for this is because the weight is still too light, allowing you to catch it high......if the bar is heavy enough that you CAN'T catch it high, then you're forced to squat under it as fast as possible.

BiggT said:
A possible reason for this is because the weight is still too light, allowing you to catch it high......if the bar is heavy enough that you CAN'T catch it high, then you're forced to squat under it as fast as possible.

Very true but this is where the exercise I described in the other thread teaches good positioning for the catch, keep adding weight to the bar and you will soon be unable to pull it so high.

The only thing with the slo-mo I posted is the kakiasvillis doesn't finish the pull like some other lifters, but whatever works, everyones different

Just put enough weight on the bar for you to pull it to roughly belly button height and then drop whipping the elbows under the bar fast and catch, simple!

I started "diving" under the bar yesterday. With the exception of the first one (first time I've ever dumped it), it went very well. Ended up doing my usual 225 very easily. Time to add weight.

Top Bottom