Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Split vs traditional lifting.

TravFlex91

Okay so since I started lifting I've always gone about it a more "traditional" way. One hour a day 5 excercises a day. One body part a day.

Monday arms
Tuesday back.

So on and so forth.
My time in the gym is being limited by schedule now though as you mightve seen in previous posts.
How can I form a productive 3 day split without having to spend 2.5 hours in the gym(not like there's anything id enjoy more =) )
I get that it's push, pull, legs.
But I don't want to work chest tris and shoulders in one day.
I don't know bros.. A little confused am I.

"You mean there's more to life than being hard as fuck?"

Hey bro check out my post its " my full body work out I think that may be just wut u need

Sent from my ADR6300 using EliteFitness

No disrespect bro but doesn't look like the program for me.
I can't do full body workouts.
I'm looking for a solid 3-4 day split that's as beneficial as a 5 day traditional routine..

Look into DC training, 5x5, 5/3/1, FST-7…there are many good options out there

I am kinda settling on push,pull,legs but I don't get how only doing 4 exercises a day will sufficiently work out all muscle groups for said day.. The primary muscle group will experience hypertrophy most likely
But than to throw a minimal
Amount of work for the secondary muscle seems like a bad idea to me?

No disrespect bro but doesn't look like the program for me.
I can't do full body workouts.
I'm looking for a solid 3-4 day split that's as beneficial as a 5 day traditional routine..

Hey bro none taken to each his own hope u find something that works for u

Sent from my ADR6300 using EliteFitness

I like a three day split. When hit the body part just hit it high intensity and on to next excercise. Had good success with overall size and strength.
I am just doing 2 upperbody days and a lower body. Due to needing shed bf am running 7 days a week.
Switch focus on each upperbody day whether hit shoulder or chest first and db or barbell excercises etc.

I like a three day split. When hit the body part just hit it high intensity and on to next excercise. Had good success with overall size and strength.
I am just doing 2 upperbody days and a lower body. Due to needing shed bf am running 7 days a week.
Switch focus on each upperbody day whether hit shoulder or chest first and db or barbell excercises etc.

One major thing that I'm concerned with is if i go from a 5 day to a 3 day will I start to get decreased gains?

Most of the guys who train DC are XXXL. Low volume works and works well what is important in my opinion is progression. I have never been able to get bigger without getting stronger and for me a west side barbell inspired upper/lower split done 3 days a week provided a nice blend of size and strength, strength gains being very consistent (pretty much weekly). I have never been able to do that with volume training, however, I do realize that volume works for SOME people. If your dead set on a 3 day volume routine Poloquins 3 day moderate volume routine of Day 1 - Chest/Back, Day 2 Legs, Day 3 Shoulders/arms is pretty decent using between 9-12 sets per body part. This could even result in upper body being hit twice per week if you chose a compound movement for your triceps and biceps movement to start those off (CG Bench press or dips and supinated chinups or pulldowns). Just some options. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom