Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Split Routine or Full Body

What kind of workout routine do you do?

• Split body parts

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • Full body everytime

Votes: 22 15.9%
  • Mix it up

Votes: 20 14.5%

• Total voters
To keep this thread on track, My split is a two day split.

Push day:
Squat
Bench
OHP
Ancillary

Pull day:
Pullup
Deadlift
Row
Ancillary
rotator cuff

My erectors are starting to get tired since I lift 4x a week, so I think I am going to sub deadlift for power cleans and then hit squat afterwards.

what is ancillary?
Stewfoo, these threads aren't a waste of time, its just the people who resort to mud slinging, there posts that are a waste of time. People debating their methods of maximising workouts is a perfectly valid thread for a bodybuilding forum.

chilledandy said:
what is ancillary?
Stewfoo, these threads aren't a waste of time, its just the people who resort to mud slinging, there posts that are a waste of time. People debating their methods of maximising workouts is a perfectly valid thread for a bodybuilding forum.
The original intent of the thread is something that I am very interested in. My comment was pointed at the mud slinging as well. Sorry if my intentions were not clear.

JohnRobHolmes said:
So you think it is a bad idea to hit bench, OHP, then do chest flyes and tri pushdowns? I guess it really does suck that I cant do as much for my tri pushdowns since I already killed bench and OHP. Im never gonna get any tri strength or size if I cant do enough weight on my tri pushdowns :(

hyp1....this advice is coming from a guy who is 5'10" 140lbs.....

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539627

didn't you know hyp1 is 6'1" 225lbs, has a 21.5" neck and runs a 4.4 forty yard dash AND has a cock as big as a baby's forearm. jesus dude....

I think for overall size and power it's hard to beat a properly applied 5x5 program.

But, for aesthetic, balanced bodybuilding type development I believe split training is needed to bring up lagging areas.

I'd be pretty happy doing a bulking cycle on a solid dual factor 5x5 with maybe a little extra accessory work thrown in and then on the next cycle cut down and do split style training for refinement.

Some people say it's bullshit, but it's not.

Alot of bodybuilders do heavy ,basic training when bulking and then add in more training days and exercises when cutting for a contest.

Acela said:
hyp1....this advice is coming from a guy who is 5'10" 140lbs.....

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539627

didn't you know hyp1 is 6'1" 225lbs, has a 21.5" neck and runs a 4.4 forty yard dash AND has a cock as big as a baby's forearm. jesus dude....

Your point? I bench, pull, squat, and DL more than my weight and my numbers show no sign of stopping soon. My stats are nothing that I try to hide (you found them easy enough), Im damn proud of the gains I have made with no supps or wasteful training. While I'm at it might as well tell you my wrist is 7" around and my waist is 28" with a 40" chest and I have a 9" penis. I like long walks on the beach and bitches that havent learned that there is more than one body type and goal for lifting. According to you Acela my body type makes any knowledge null and void, and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe I should just do a few cycles to get my bodyweight up, so I could actually know what I'm talking about. Starting OLY lifting tomorrow, but I might as well just stop that pipe dream too since Im not 225 and eating babies for breakfast.

To answer your question chilledandy, Ancillary work is extra work. After I bench and press I will do any shoulder, chest, and tri work that I feel is needed for some extra "stress". Since my bench is still under 1.4x my bodyweight I dont get too much stress through just bench and OHP alone. So, after I hit the big and useful motions I do a bit of fluff work like flyes and tri pushdowns. Sure I cant fly as much weight since I just did bench, but my pecs already got a ton of stress from bench so the extra flyes are just icing on the cake. Right now my tri's are the weak link in benching (working on 225 bench @ or below 145bw), so I am focusing on tri work from my ancillary. Close grip bench, tri pushdowns, tri machine, and subscapularis work is good tri ancillary.

Acela, why dont you post up your Estats since you are so quick to pull up others? For the record I was not giving hyp1 advice, only asking a question based on his post (do the ??'s not give that away?). I dont give a fuck what anybody's stats are, being big doesnt give any advantage to knowledge. If I were to follow that line of thought, then coolcoolj doesnt know shit because he is under 200lbs right now. Im am amazed every time I wander into this subforum...

hyp1 said:
Make me internet fucking wanna be tough guy...your macho posing cracks me up along with your bogus fucking name(I would lay money that you got called that AFTER you got your ass stomped,while people were laughing at you).You talk of reading more books than I could comprehend when your spelling is that of a dyslexic,retarded 3rd grader.

For your information I don't workout just for the pump,but for the actual load I put on my muscles.
Keep jumping to conclusions while I laugh at your moronic ass,and your praising of training like a 'farmer'.

Keep thinking that bitch. and im betting any farmer would whoop your ass any day of the week you bum. how much do u squat and deadlift? Let me guess, you do leg press and leg extension and dont do lower back cause it causes injuries. BITCH

Top Bottom