Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

soreness

grahf2

New to lifting,somedays when I lift and feel completely rung ouT,and here recently I will lift and feel somewhat sore,but as if I didnt lift,but I will try to do one rep of something I can normally DO 5 of and fail. Also,my chest doesnt get sore as much as my arms,I hit chest first you know before arm isolation(I know arms used in all chest stuff)

Is it because I have recently implemented stretching every day(2wks now) or have I lost muscles virginity?

If you don't feel sore you're body is getting used to the weight. You must increase the weight, but use proper sets and reps. Do you have a routine setup?

Sometimes I am sore sometimes not.I have a routine I stick to(try) but I change exercises,example is sometimes I do Bpress sometime I replace it with a shit load of pushups,stuff like that.I have a routine that works for me have diet covered.

What I am trying to say is- I will be sore after lifting most the time,but I always take a nap after lifting(1-2hrs) and when I wake,I dont feel sore,but I cant hardly use the muscle,only bothers me if I am trying to work or something.Is that normal?

yeah, thats normal. just means you got a good workout. Your muscles break down after you work out and have to repair before they become fully functional again.

i've gotta disagree with that one. i used to believe that soreness was the best indicator for a good workout, but after years of lifting experience and reading up on the subject, i've concluded that it isn't a good indicator at all. i've squatted X number of weight for 5 reps one week, then the next squatted X for 8 reps, and yet i wasn't particularly sore at all. does that mean my workout sucked? no, not at all. from what i've gathered, soreness generally means that your muscles have torn down too much, but i'm no scientist, so i won't maintain that my position is infallible. anyone else have opinions on this? later.

I kind of agree with you, SPS. I also kind of shy away from that thought. I don't feel being sore is necessary to tell you that you just had a good workout. However, I feel that there is some merit in its presence and it's never a bad thing (not for me, I can deal with it). Maybe it's psychological, maybe not. All I know is, I like to be sore after workouts. It makes me feel like I had a better one than if I hadn't gotten sore. In any case, the results show themselves.

Soreness doesn't mean you've done a great workout

Try working the abductors
If you've not worked them for weeks you'll get sore for a couple of days
Whatever the weight
Just because you're not used to work those muscles

On the other hand you can do some heavy leg exercises, with lots of weight and a proper form w/o being sore

Top Bottom