Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Someone Help Meeeeee!!!

toitasatiger

once again I was MIA and this time I allowed myself to get discouraged and overwhelmed by my diet and training...I'm training for a marathon but at the same time I'm wanting to lose weight and tone up. I've incorporated the Shadow project and diet into my life but obviously the low carb diet i'm doing isn't working well with my marathon training. Can someone please help me or give me some ideas for what my diet should be like so that I can have energy for the long runs but still burn fat and lose weight? what I'm going to try and do tomorrow (Thursday) is a carb up day so that I'm prepared for the long run on Saturday (25k) but I'm clueless as to what I should be doing...thanks in advance for ANY and all suggestions/advice/opinions :)

confused... the diet in Shadows Project is not a low carb diet.

What exactly are you eating?

A diet can be adjusted to give you a better 40/30/30 break throughout the day if you want say :
1/2 cup oatmeal, eggs (whites & yolk)
4 oz sweet potato + protein source and/or veggie
4 oz sweet potato + protein source and/or veggie
etc

BTW Im not leaving out fat, I cook my chicken in EVOO or add it to meal, or have walnuts, almonds ANPB etc...

yeah, i kinda adjusted my diet previously to be geared more towards low-carb so now i'm at a loss as to how to eat a 40/30/30...i bought some whole wheat pasta that is also has 10g of protein per 1/2 cup and i eat whole wheat bread. i'm not eliminating fats from my diet either. I'll usually have ANPB or if i just can't bring myself to eat more, I'll do a tbsp. of EVOO by itself (BTW-Ottavio is by far the easiest to take down) I think what I'll do is just add in some carbs in my evening meals like veggies or a 1/2 baked potato with nothing on it and some ground turkey/chicken/tuna or whatever. Thanks Bunny!!!

I'm going to say it's very hard to balance those goals of training for a marathon, but also losing weight and gaining muscle at the same. You almost have to pick one over the other for now, and then focus on the latter when you're done with your first goal. I see this with girls at my gym a lot. They have not been able to successfully do both. Training for a marathon requires an immense amount of energy to expend. You need your carbs to train for your distance practice runs. It's very hard to get around that.

toitasatiger said:
yeah, i kinda adjusted my diet previously to be geared more towards low-carb so now i'm at a loss as to how to eat a 40/30/30...i bought some whole wheat pasta that is also has 10g of protein per 1/2 cup and i eat whole wheat bread. i'm not eliminating fats from my diet either. I'll usually have ANPB or if i just can't bring myself to eat more, I'll do a tbsp. of EVOO by itself (BTW-Ottavio is by far the easiest to take down) I think what I'll do is just add in some carbs in my evening meals like veggies or a 1/2 baked potato with nothing on it and some ground turkey/chicken/tuna or whatever. Thanks Bunny!!!
Well see!! You nut you need carbs darlin!! You can afford to have them in EVERY meal if you want, maybe not so much before bed b/c it may keep you awake. Veggies are ok with every meal, you need the complex. You can even try a 40/40/20 if you want to bump carbs up more for training purposes. I do know marathoners to go as high as 50% carbs but thats something to think about later in your training depending on energy levels.

1/2 baked or sweet tater is good, be sure to get complex cabrs in during the early hours as well.

thanks girls! I know what you're saying about the picking one over the other for the practice runs because there really is no way getting around that. before i knew what i was getting myself into i was thinking, oh i can just eat carbs the day before and during the run and i'll be fine....um no, that doesn't work. i'm retarded. but i've changed my diet up as of Sunday after my 25k on Saturday and i'm eating more carbs just not late at night and still drinking lots of water so i'm going to see if even after this one week, how i do since i'm going to redo that 25k on Saturday. If i notice a bit of a difference then I'll know i'm on the right track and I'll just have to focus more on my marathon training yet stick to a clean diet and just worry about the weight loss later i guess. the marathon is Feb 18 so really not too much longer.

omg toit! Hey it's cindylou ! prolly dont remember me its been awhile. just sayin hey and good luck w/ the marathon.

cindylou said:
omg toit! Hey it's cindylou ! prolly dont remember me its been awhile. just sayin hey and good luck w/ the marathon.

Of course i remember you!!! :) it's been such a long time though! hope you're doing great and thanks for the good luck wishes!!

First things first:
* If the race is Saturday, you're doing the right thing by doing a carb-up 48 hours in advance. I did a 10K in October and I'm doing the Disney 1/2 Marathon in January. I lift and train too, but I have a higher protein diet (50p, 25c, 25f ideally... but most of the time it's more like 40p or 45p, etc.) EXCEPT for the days up to my run.

* Honestly -- I went out for ice cream for dessert two night before my big run! :p We went to Macaroni grill for dinner and I ordered my usual meal -- pasta with red sauce and extra grilled chicker or shrimp -- but I had some extra bread and then went for ice cream afterward. The bloat up will also help you stay hydrated so that is useful for the run too. I didn't know that the body needed 48 hours though -- Ulter taught me that.

On the other days:

* Are you using fitday? Sounds like you're eating all the right things and you're a veteran around these parts and to the lifestyle as a whole, which is awesome. :elephant: If you're not using fitday, go for it now.

* Like I said, most days I'm aiming for 50/25/25... but on carb-up days I'm looking more like 40/30/30 with 40 being carbs.

I don't know if that helped! Eat healthfully as you've been doing -- but throw a splurge or two in there of good carbs (wheat pasta, extra whole-grain bread with some EVOO, etc.) pre-race. I felt AWESOME during my 10K, so I know I was ready for some runnin'. :)

Top Bottom