Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Someone drank haterade

nangiggles

Team Bennettar
EF VIP
http://i55.tinypic.com/50fqkz.jpg

Transcript of youtube.com video PSUtuNk3c8s about animal shelter intake interview:

Dog Owner: "I can't keep my dog. I need to drop it off."

Shelter Worker: "What is going on? Why can't you keep him?"

Dog Owner: "I'm moving."

Shelter Worker: "When do you move? Maybe we can work out a way you do not have to leave your dog here."

Dog Owner: "I'm moving today."

Shelter Worker: "Have you considered calling any other places before dropping him off here?"

Dog Owner: "I have called everywhere. No one can take him."

Shelter Worker: "When did you call them? When you found out you were moving two months ago?"

Dog Owner: "No. This morning. None of them have called my back."

Shelter Worker: "Most humane organizations work mainly with volunteers. It may take them more than four minutes to get back with you. I would hate for you to leave your dog here if there are any other options."

Dog Owner: "I need to get rid of him today. I'm moving. I just know he will find a good home. He is such a sweet dog."

Shelter Worker: "How old is he?"

Dog Owner: "He is ten. I have had him since he was a puppy."

Shelter Worker: "Is he fixed?"

Dog Owner: "No. I would not want someone doing that to me. So I would not do it to him."

Shelter Worker: "Does he get along with other animals?"

Dog Owner: "He is really sweet with people but is kind of aggressive with other dogs, especially other boy dogs. Oh, and he killed a cat once."

Shelter Worker: "How did that happen?"

Dog Owner: "He somehow got out of my yard. It happens all the time. I don't know why he does it."

Shelter Worker: "Is he house trained?"

Dog Owner: "He is a really sweet dog, but not very smart. He does not know he is supposed to go to the bathroom outside. When he comes inside he pees on the floor and eats the couch. So I usually just leave him in the yard. I have to leave him outside because he is so dumb."

Shelter Worker: "Are your parents siblings? Have you ever tried taking him to a training class? Or tried crate training him? Giving him appropriate things to chew on?"

Dog Owner: "I have tried everything. He is just not very smart. What is a crate?"

Shelter Worker: "It is like a big kennel you keep him in during the day when you are not home. They do not like to go to the bathroom in such close quarters. So they hold it until you get home and take them outside."

Dog Owner: "Oh, I could not put him in a cage all day. That would be mean."

Shelter Worker: "Will you try to wrap your pea sized brain around the fact that you are leaving him at a shelter that could put him to sleep? How mean is that?"

Dog Owner: "But you are a No-Kill shelter. I saw it on the news. City Council said you are No-Kill."

Shelter Worker: "They also gave us a Unicorn. We keep it in the back where it shits bricks of gold all day long."

Dog Owner: "So you will find him a new home? He is such a sweet dog."

Shelter Worker: "Look you moron, no one is going to adopt a ten year old dog which is not house trained, digs out of his own yard, and eats cats. You do not want your dog any more. Why would anyone else? People like you are the reason I am on medications."

Dog Owner: "But he is really sweet. And I am moving."

Shelter Worker: "You can leave him here. But I have to tell you he will probably get put to sleep."

Dog Owner: "But he is such a sweet dog. And I am moving. Why do you keep telling me he will be put to sleep?"

Shelter Worker: "Because it is my job to let you know what a colossal idiot you are. It is because of imbeciles like you that we still have to put animals to sleep."

Dog Owner: "But he is such a sweet dog. And I'm moving. "

Shelter Worker: "You knew you were moving 60 days ago, you half wit. Why didn't you start looking for a home for him then? Or maybe an apartment that allows pets? Now he is out of time you retarded freak."

Dog Owner: "But he is such a sweet dog. And I'm moving. Aren't you even going to try to find him a new home?"

Shelter Worker: "Like you did, you incredible waste of flesh? Because he is the only dog you had to find a home for. We have over 300 dogs looking for new homes, you jackass."

Dog Owner: "But he is such a sweet dog. And I'm moving. "

Shelter Worker: "Thank you for visiting the shelter today. Because of stupid jerks like you, I will always have a job.

Remind you of anything you've seen posted here? This will of course be shot down by the Space Coast Craig's List Pets flag police. So grab a copy quickly if you want it.

WOW they really had a tall glass of haterade but I get where they are coming from.

I see no haterade there. Just an appropriate and well earned tongue lashing. I'd shake that shelter worker's hand.

The shelter worker told the man they'd take the dog.

And that the dog would most likely be put to sleep. And, that the man was an idiot (which he was). So I'd say the Universe is in order on that one.

People like that, are the reason that my wife and I are burdened with 9 dogs and 14 cats! THINK before you get a pet!!!!!! If your life is unstable, whether for positive or negative reasons, get a plant, not a dog/cat. Sometimes things do change, but there is almost always another way than to dump at the shelter, if you can't keep a pet. If a pet owner has even a week's notice that they're going to move, or go to jail, or whatever the sudden change of lifestyle that will exclude the pet, make some calls, and if need be, sell something and pay a friend for the expenses to take the pet and find a home for it for you.

Charles

ya, I could never work at a shelter because of shit like that...I wouldn't say what was said but I'd think it...then have a house full of pets I couldn't adequately take care of

I did do shelter transportation though for a shepherd rescue..that was actually pretty enjoyable

That was fake.

But if it was real I think the shelter worker was being nice to that fucking idiot.

I volunteered with a Basset Hound adoption service for about 8 months and it drove me nuts. Prospective owners with completely unreasonable expectations was probably the biggest reason. To responsibly care for a dog is pretty much identical to caring for a 3 yo child, but something like 1 in 10 people understand that.

Dont get me wrong I completely agree, I just cant believe this person took time of their day to make up this conversation and post it as a craigslist add, clearly they have had this bottled up for a long time.

And I agree with all of you that people dont really think about their pets, they move and just get rid of it.... when I moved here I made sure the place I got took at least 2 pets to bring some of my dogs, I am moving across the continent and I still dont leave my dogs behind, I dont understand how people do that....

I can't even imagine giving up my little guy. People are stupid and selfish. Don't have animals if you're not willing to accept a lifetime plan for their care. If circumstances arise where you have no choice, there are sanctuaries as alternatives.

Top Bottom