Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skinny guy weight lifting - Advice greatly appreciated

i like your workout split... i think its decent, but a little better would be more like a 5x5...
mon
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
row 5x5

wed
deadlift 1x5
military press 5x5

fri
squat 1x5
bench 5x5
row 5x5

that is sets x reps... not including warmup sets...

agree with others on cardio not be of extreme importance, but something should be done at least for heart health... as you gain muscle your metabolic rate will increase...

i like your workout split... i think its decent, but a little better would be more like a 5x5...
mon
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
row 5x5

wed
deadlift 1x5
military press 5x5

fri
squat 1x5
bench 5x5
row 5x5

agree with others on cardio not be of extreme importance, but something should be done at least for heart health... as you gain muscle your metabolic rate will increase...

Bro, he's only been working out with weights for 3 weeks, should he not get used to lifting before jumping onto a 5x5? Or is that why you took away the squats on Wednesdays?

mon
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
row 5x5

wed
deadlift 1x5
military press 5x5

fri
squat 1x5
bench 5x5
row 5x5

Love this split!
I'm doing almost exactly the same thing!
The first 5x5 i did had me doing squats 3xew. I decided to remove the wed squats just so i could do a few more sets of deads cuz i just like deads.
Now my base is growing much faster it seems. Im prolly gonna have to get new underwear soon cuz they're getting so tight lol
I think compound movements are great for beginners and i wish i would have known this when i started. Maybe i wouldn't have wasted so much time.
Anyway i think this split will be great for the op. Maybe a few months down the road he can throw in some accessories.
But either way none of this is going to matter if the diet isn't 100%!
Op if you are not willing to commit to diet more then anything else then dont bother! You are obviously an ectomorph so food WILL BE the determining factor in your success.
Good luck bro

stick to compound lifts ,bench ,squat,deadlift .

moya has laid out a nice simple program for you...follow his advice .

eat your 6 meals a day...you can start with 3 solid and 3 shakes and gradually reduce the shakes in favour of solid food. drink milk with you solid meals.

do this and get plenty of sleep and you will grow !

Hey swimtrumks, Welcome to EF.
You have all good advice in here, even the McDonalds once per week wont hurt you a bit.
Just do what these guys tell you and your g2g.
Good luck and keep posting in here!!:evil:

I agree with Moya. I personally did the 5*5 and it was very beneficial. You can do the cardio on your off days and just keep it light. Or after your workouts just for about 15 min. I personally added dips and pullups on my deadlift day...but just starting off I would keep it simple and concentrate on form and technique....also start light at first. Stronglifts.com has some info and videos on the 5*5.

From My Droid MoFo!

It's unreal to me how much people on this forum are willing to offer their advice.
Being a skinny fuck, it's really difficult to to envision my end goal. Im at the point now where I know I can do it, I just don't know how long it's going to take, and you guys have steered me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot guys for your great advice.

It's unreal to me how much people on this forum are willing to offer their advice.
Being a skinny fuck, it's really difficult to to envision my end goal. Im at the point now where I know I can do it, I just don't know how long it's going to take, and you guys have steered me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot guys for your great advice.

Just remember to set goals long and short, try hard, learn all you can, ask when you dont know, and give 100 everytime. A good idea is to go through the fitness,bodybuilding, and sport section and go through the different forums. Read the old and current logs, weightlifting topics, and nutrition. Alot of helpful information and people here. This place has helped me alot with info and motivation. Goodluck!

From My Droid MoFo!

Top Bottom