Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder injury prevention & re-hab...and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsocal

Banned
You may wonder why this information/"article" is in this section/tab versus some other part of EF.

It's because there are 1,000 + ppl/members viewing...and shoulder injuries are the MOST common bodybuilding injury. Hopefully, some good can be accomplished from this pure info./no questions thread.

When ur on A.A.S., also you're getting bigger faster than the joints/tendons can keep up which increases the likelihood of injuries.

The below info. relates to shoulder injury prevention & rehab...specifically the tiny, vulnerable shoulder joint--called the rotator cuff:

Shoulder injuries are the most common bodybuilding injury. One of the best things for older people like myself and others to do is to go to a chiropractor every so often--I think every 1-2 months, but I'm not sure. The chiropractor will put the body in balance. The medical/pharmaceutical community wants to prescribe medication and make lots of money. Chiropractor's should charge only $35-$50 for an adjustment. The intial/consultation visit will be a little higher cos some chiropractors take x-rays. Chiro's use electro-stimulation to relax your neck, your lower back, your traps, your shoulders. They stretch out the bod and then push it back into alignment. Both physical therapists & chiropractors give ultra-sound deep tissue therapy. Ultra-sound is a little massager that provides sound waves to an injured part of the bod like the shoulder or your golfer's elbow or tennis elbow. Since the sound waves provide heat, the injured area which is usually a tendon, ligament or joint not subject to air or outside heat can be healed much quicker. 2 things to remember: stretching AND heat are great for recovery of joints, tendons, & ligaments.

I highly recommend not only an NT, (see below for what a NT is) but a chiropractor--cos a chiro is all-inclusive--the entire bod. Physical therapy is only body-specific and is not as thorough on the whole body as a chiropractor is. Plus, ask your chiro (after u get a referral for a chiro from your fam doctor) about a cutting edge treatment called "Laser." This is a little expensive, but excuse the pun--it's ultra-sound on steroids :) x times better!

But even younger bodybuilders frequently (like every month) go to physical therapists and chiropractors.

Olympian Jay Cutler often goes to both a Neuromuscular Therapist to stretch and warm up his Herculean stiff massive body...AND he also goes to a chiropractor. Both are for PREVENTATIVE measures. Physical Therapists also stretch the body. Jay's NT can stretch his bod better than Jay can, (by Jay's own admission,) and therefore supply much needed heat, warmth, and blood to the sore/stiff area to prevent any injury from the heavy liftin Jay does.

Get yourself also a McDavid hot/cold gel pack shoulder strap pad about $40 on amazon.com. WARM UP WITH A HOT GEL PACK BEFORE TRAINING AND like my physical therapist recommends put ice on the shoulder after working out cos it helps with healing. I thought ice was only immediately after an injury, but it also is a big step in speeding up recuperation and healing muscle fiber tears post-workout.

also "Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff" by Jim Johnson, PT (physical therapist) can also be purchased on amazon.com. There are like 500 reviews with at least a 4 star rating on this book. I have it myself. You will learn about your rotator cuff, its function and also what exercises to do prior to training, during training and how to add strength and HEALING WARMTH to this weak part of the bod--the rotator cuff of the shoulder joint.

finally, when you are doing flat bench presses don't do full range of motion don't bring the bar all the way down to your chest. Also don't completely lock-out. When you were younger you could do full range of motion for a better stretch, but it's a real strain on the little rotator cuff joint when your older.

also when you do upright rows you know how you bring the bar down and kind of let it hang at the bottom of the movement? Don't do that anymore. That's a big strain on the rotator cuff, too. You don't want to hang anymore even though it seems kind of natural. Like also when you do dumbell shoulder shrugs at the bottom, there's a tendency to let that dumbell hang and pull & (maybe rest) before bringing it back up to your ear, BUT *that really stresses the rotator cuff joint in the shoulder--don't do that.

I'm grateful to have helped you in a small way cos like I said shoulder probs are a very common bodybuilding injury--the rotator cuff is an INHERENTLY tiny, weak part of the body, and I'm happy to help because I myself also want to repair my own shoulder problems and to prevent further.

The mind is your best tool..mind over matter!...you can and WILL get your shoulder as close to 100% better! (visualization techniques are highly recommended to burn into the subconscious mind, the desire to rehab quickly & totally & to psyche yourself into not being too depressed/bummed out when & if an injury happens).

Good luck!

thanks. for ur support and encouragement everyone. im sorry if i was a bit crazy.

i have been experimenting with C. Meth to curb my appetite. and to keep me awake for other stuff.

amphetamines, meth, c. meth has also been used by pro-bodybuilders so they can starve themselves before a competition to get shredded.

im not addicted to C.Meth...i have like iron discipline.

my advice is don't experiment with it...u can get locked up or worse, be put in a mental ward for an undeterminable time until the doctor sees fit that u will not harm yourself or others.

i also have bi-polar disorder...and other things (like using rage--rage-aholic to get me energized into getting stuff done) that dont make me do good things at times.

im hoping to make amends.

enjoy your, weekend. May it be healthy (without any A.A.S. side effects worth worrying about,) or other unpleasant surprises.

Great read!

thanks. for ur support and encouragement. im sorry if i was a bit crazy.

i have been experimenting with C. Meth to curb my appetite. and to keep me awake for other stuff.

amphetamines, meth, c. meth has also been used by pro-bodybuilders so they can starve themselves before a competition to get shredded.

IT'S A VERY VIOLENT DRUG...

im not addicted to C.Meth...i have like iron discipline.

my advice is don't experiment with it...u can get locked up or worse, be put in a mental ward for an undeterminable time until the doctor sees fit that u will not harm yourself or others.

i also have bi-polar disorder...and other things (like using rage--rage-aholic to get me energized into getting stuff done) that dont make me do good things at times.

im hoping to make amends.

JUST PLEASE FORGET ALL THE NEGATIVE I'VE PUT OUT THERE.

enjoy your, weekend. May it be healthy (without any A.A.S. side effects worth worrying about,) or other unpleasant surprises.

You sir are an absolute fucking moron. AAS, meth....classy. Can we get this fucking clown out of here now??

I can be bitchy to people for posting stupid shit. Noobs without research ect... but I try not to name call or pesonally attack or anything like that. At least in open forum. Yeah....your right....some PRO level BB'rs do use it. I dont think that fits the bill with you.

Sad thing is some stupid kid is going to actually read this garbage and say hmmm....meth...for fat loss...maybe he's on to something.

Read the fucking rules. No discussion of recreational drug use. You've been a fucking problem in every thread you've posted in for the last 2 weeks.

Bi-polar with rage problems? Sure, let's do fucking steroids, seem like that should help...

While we're at it, let's smoke meth, great fucking idea

Thank you Woot, or whoever took care of this guy.

How do you turn an attempt to be useful about shoulder injuries into a meth thread??? What? Like no one was going to catch that.
Im sure sub conciously he was thinking someone would think its cool and PM him asking about it.

This one should get sent to C&C also....whoa boy.

Hahaha He got pissed in another thread and pm'd me because I said think he is off and needed some medication.. Guess I was right. I can't tell if is trolling or serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom