Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder exercises

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
How do you rate/sort the shoulders' movements?

I'm doing mostly overhead/military press but for variety and health (avoid muscle imbalance) I'd like to pick up at least another exercise

So, IMO, from best to useless:

Push Press
Standing Overhead/military press
Seated Overhead/military press
Lateral Raise (DB then cable)
Barbell Rear Delt Row (rear delt)
Front Raise (DB then cable)
other machine exercises

There's reasonably-steep inclines too which I'd place up either at second or joint first.

I keep meaning to give push press a decent run for my money but never seem to get around to it.

Front raise works well also with a barbell as with a DB but I'd rate it about the same as you have.

Upright Rows, but I'd start off light to see if your body is ok with it. I know a lot of people complain that it hurts their shoulders, never bothered mine which is why I continue to do them.

My shoulders have gained significant size since I started doing clean and presses at least twice a week.

Does anyone do the reverse butterfly machine for the rear delts? I just starting doing them a couple of weeks ago at light weight to introduce them and get used to them.

cwc73 said:
Does anyone do the reverse butterfly machine for the rear delts? I just starting doing them a couple of weeks ago at light weight to introduce them and get used to them.

I want to do those badly but my gym doesn't have that machine. Have to settle for bent over laterals w/ db's

Top Bottom