Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder exercises

BOOEY said:
I want to do those badly but my gym doesn't have that machine. Have to settle for bent over laterals w/ db's

Ok, here's a suggestion I'm sure you have probably thought of but maybe others havent. If your gym doesn't have this type of machine, the Cable Pully Crossover MAchine can be used just as well. I used to do them on that machine, but in my gym I kept getting extremely pissed when people would use the inside of them for tricep presses or pullups when standing right next to it was a tricep push down machine and a Pull up machine. Man, I hated that.

cwc73 said:
Ok, here's a suggestion I'm sure you have probably thought of but maybe others havent. If your gym doesn't have this type of machine, the Cable Pully Crossover MAchine can be used just as well. I used to do them on that machine, but in my gym I kept getting extremely pissed when people would use the inside of them for tricep presses or pullups when standing right next to it was a tricep push down machine and a Pull up machine. Man, I hated that.

Good idea. So you set the pulleys in line with your shoulders?

BOOEY said:
I want to do those badly but my gym doesn't have that machine. Have to settle for bent over laterals w/ db's
why u need a machine to do it?

u could always lie belly down on a bench and grab em and do it that way, i personally do em bent over barbell row style except i do the reverse fly motion at the end of my back day for the reardelts

SublimeZM said:
why u need a machine to do it?

u could always lie belly down on a bench and grab em and do it that way, i personally do em bent over barbell row style except i do the reverse fly motion at the end of my back day for the reardelts

Yeah I do em bent over, but it gets to be unstable when using heavier weights. Standing upright against padding would seem to allow stability plus a full range of motion

BOOEY said:
Yeah I do em bent over, but it gets to be unstable when using heavier weights. Standing upright against padding would seem to allow stability plus a full range of motion
lying belly down on a bench is the same rom as the fly machine

Front plate raises and face pulls.

Plate Raise: Stand straight on gripping plate (45lb) on each side. Raise and lower from bottom position to just in front of head. My partner puts a couple plates together. Our gym has the plates with holes so he can do this.

Face Pulls: We use a pull down strap connected to the upper pulley of a lat pull-down. Stand back far enough so weights do not set down when arms are extended. Pull straps from fully-extended arm position to back where straps pull apart on either side of the face - elbows out to side. Try to pull shoulder blades together in back.

What about seated DB press giant sets?? (When gym is kinda empty) grab 4 sets of DB - low to high weight...(For me - 15, 25, 30, 40.) Start set 1 going heavy to light - 40/6r, 30/8r, 25/10r, 15/12r. Next set start light to heavy. You get the idea. Do this for 4 sets. That about does it for that day - shoulders roasted. :)

Barbell front raise and DB side lateral supersets are always fun and taxing on the cardio-V system.

"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."

Quadsweep's Sister said:
Front plate raises and face pulls.

Plate Raise: Stand straight on gripping plate (45lb) on each side. Raise and lower from bottom position to just in front of head. My partner puts a couple plates together. Our gym has the plates with holes so he can do this.

Face Pulls: We use a pull down strap connected to the upper pulley of a lat pull-down. Stand back far enough so weights do not set down when arms are extended. Pull straps from fully-extended arm position to back where straps pull apart on either side of the face - elbows out to side. Try to pull shoulder blades together in back.

What about seated DB press giant sets?? (When gym is kinda empty) grab 4 sets of DB - low to high weight...(For me - 15, 25, 30, 40.) Start set 1 going heavy to light - 40/6r, 30/8r, 25/10r, 15/12r. Next set start light to heavy. You get the idea. Do this for 4 sets. That about does it for that day - shoulders roasted. :)

Barbell front raise and DB side lateral supersets are always fun and taxing on the cardio-V system.

"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."

I dont like these fancy workouts anymore! Today this was what I did:

Push Press: 5 x warmup sets then:

220lbs x 10 reps
232lbs x 6 reps (easy - will do this for first work set for a bout 8 next time!)
165lbs x 21 reps

Seated Cheat Laterals: 3 x "feel sets"

66lbs x 11 pres + 2 half reps

Workout over - The End!

Right now my traps, tris and delts are devastated! (adjust the weights accordingly if you are a beast or babe!

Yeah...I don't do a bunch for shoulders anymore since powerlifting. Just some thoughts and examples for those sadistic types who enjoy the pain and torture of the never-ending shoulder workout. Hence, the fancy supersets. After BB shoulder workouts x 7yrs, mine were 'done'.

I love powerlifting.

Top Bottom