Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shin Splints

I might try that elliptical but last time i tried that thing i hated it because it locks your stride into a set pattern and feels awkward. Plus i hate standing in one place, on the track i feel like im actually going somewhere. Gotta be better than shin splints though, this shit hurts even when i am just walking now.

new sneakers....
iced golf balls... deep calf stretches

I wound up tying off a therapy band to a leg of furniture and pulling the band towards me with my feet , legs out in front of me flat on the ground.
I actually have a neutral foot and run on the balls of my feet but get shin splints every single time I up my mileage or speed no matter what surface I run on.

Theres also an exercise you can do on stairs where you kinds half squat on the edge of a step and point your toes down off the edge then up towards your face over and over again but for whatever reason I suck serious shit for balancing that way and fall over.

Also maybe your shin is not as flexible as it should if so check out a voodoo band and try that out once a day or so

certain people are genetically prone to shin splints. nothing you can do about it except listen to your body and not get them in the first place. you ran in bad shoes and you got them so that part is over with.. now you gotta stay off of them until they heal up and try again but this time with good shoes.. if you keep pounding you will need to get your shins packed.. trust me I have tons of experience with this.

I do a lot of running on a hard rubber indoor track my golds by has and now Ive got some shin splints on the inner area of my lower leg bone above my ankles. Anyone know what to do about this? thanks

make sure you change your shoes out often and also switch directions each time you run on that track to mix up the angles.

Shin splint for me are usually adding mileage too fast or need new shows.

only think you can do now is ice them.

yeah i gotta replace shoes for running every three months

I guarantee i need new shoes, the top where my big toe is even has a hole worn through the top

Top Bottom