Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serious question for serious times

I think most of the time you guys said "that's so gay" or "you're a faggot" is not to disparage actually being a homosexual but to disparage something being feminine, or unmanly anyway. Sometimes it was used to mean something was lame. Not that being gay is lame, but being womanly or unmanly is lame. That's why you're all like, oh well I never meant to be offensive towards homosexuals I just meant to make fun of this dude because he was doing something girly. Am I wrong?

over-analyzing things is fucking gay....

:goof:

I think most of the time you guys said "that's so gay" or "you're a faggot" is not to disparage actually being a homosexual but to disparage something being feminine, or unmanly anyway. Sometimes it was used to mean something was lame. Not that being gay is lame, but being womanly or unmanly is lame. That's why you're all like, oh well I never meant to be offensive towards homosexuals I just meant to make fun of this dude because he was doing something girly. Am I wrong?

Exactly, but using "gay" to mean something is unmanly, girly, feminine, lame is disparaging to homosexuals.

Human nature is never going to allow this fantasy world where no one is offended to happen.

Of course not, all I am bringing up here is lets not call someone a fag, faggot, fgt, or gay when we really mean to call them lame, stupid, feminine, girly, stupid, or any other insult.

There are plenty of ways to insult someone, and when you insult someone the intent is to offend right? I'm not saying don't offend people, I'm saying don't offend homosexuals while you are intending to offend/insult someone else.

wait, girly and feminine is an insult right in line with lame and stupid? I'm offended! ;)

Great point! No, I don't think its particularly good to call someone girly and feminine as an insult, but girly and feminine don't represent a specific class of people so its a little lower down on the priority list. There are times where its good to be girly and feminine and times where I suppose it could be bad.

Top Bottom