Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Serial or Parallel ?

Anthrax said:
After very heavy leg exercices I feel drained, hands and leg shaking, even if it just took half an hour

It's then useless to try to work something else

Otherwise, I agree 1 hour - 1h15 is what it takes for a good productive WO

Yup...like I said in my previous post squats and deadlifts are extremely taxing...but other exercises don't really even come close...that is my reasoning for why it is ok to train chest first then back(though I do rack deadlifts on one of the back days)

Anthrax said:
I thought of something like

Bench press
BB rows
Incline DB
Pull-downs
Flies
Seated Cable Rows
like i said its not for me..but that doesnt mean it cant work for you or someone else..will you be resting inbetween or will you do bench then go right to rows then rest? give it a try cant hurt..

I like to alternate between body parts, what you're calling parallel I guess. That way you can also put all the compounds movements before any more isolated ones.

wnt2bBeast said:
like i said its not for me..but that doesnt mean it cant work for you or someone else..will you be resting inbetween or will you do bench then go right to rows then rest? give it a try cant hurt..

60-90 seconds between each set
same rest time between exercises

Mmmmmm...serial...

I think you are answering your questions with each pro and con, like if you personally shouldn't be neglecting your back, don't do serial, or do back first, or something that fits into your needs.

I like to do parallel work to save time, when I don't have to concentrate on either of the muscles, or, at the expense of both muscles go no rest in between and make it a nasty cardio workout.

Anthrax said:
[No, this is not a thread about printer port] ;)

Let's say you do chest and back :

Would you do all your chest exercises and, then, perform your back workout ?

- or -

Do the first chest exercise then the first back exercise
then the 2nd chest...2nd back and so on ?

I used to do the former but I tried the latter and I enjoy it a lot

With the "serial" option you are fried for the last exercices while doing the 2 muscles in parallel help to recover

It makes sense to work the push and the pull muscles at the same time. I don't even know if "bodyshaping" is still on TV, but they advocated doing it that way. It also makes sense to put back on a day by itself because the larger muscles consume alot of energy. I would alternate both philosophies just for variation

Top Bottom