Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sculpting your chest

needtogetaas

First lets look into what the chest is made up of

1 The pectoralis major is a thick, fan-shaped muscle, situated at the upper front (anterior) of the chest wall. It makes up the bulk of the chest muscles.

The pectoralis major has three actions. It flexes the humerus, as in throwing a ball side-arm, and in lifting a child. It also adducts the humerus, as when flapping arms. It also rotates the humerus medially, as occurs when arm-wrestling.

THese are the major functions of the larges part of the chest.

So why is it that so many people believe that to build a huge set of pec it takes lots of flat benching movement?

NO... bech,squates,dl,mp work whole muscle groups and the body as a whole and are best for building over all mass across the body.

But if you have a specific goal to get a blasting chest then you need to work out in a different way.

2 chest work outs a day.

flat bench
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
3x3 max sets

incline dumb bell
12 reps
10 reps
8 reps
6 reps
3x3 max sets

super set both
pack deck dips
body weight many as you can do
standing cable flies reps of 15-20
5 sets of these super sets

end it off with 3-4 sets of push ups as many as you can do.

Tusday and Thursday work outs.

Of course no one fits into a single mold but this is Idea and I have don it a few times in the past. :biggrin:

thats a lot of sets 2x per weak.

I like finishing a workout with push ups, not that I always get this done. lol

They add a dimension to your look you can't get with weights and allow you to pump the maximum out of your session w/o overdoing it.

I do these instead of cable flies which don't do much of anything for me.

I like finishing a workout with push ups, not that I always get this done. lol

They add a dimension to your look you can't get with weights and allow you to pump the maximum out of your session w/o overdoing it.

I do these instead of cable flies which don't do much of anything for me.

Started push ups in the army and never stopped

Sounds like a good plan. especially if your somone with a chest that is lagging behind. My chest is bigger than the rest of me so i have to work on arms and lats and everything else more. I still love blasting my chest though.

Top Bottom