Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Say it ain't so Barry! The 2012 pre-election unemployment numbers were faked!

What the fuck is an adult child?
Your offspring age 18+. Before 2010 you could only cover your kids on your health insurance once they turned 18 if they were a student at least part time.

I've got three, not world shaking but they all helped my family:
1. Raising the age you can cover your adult child on your health insurance.
2. Adult child no longer needs to be a student to be covered by your health insurance.
3. Making credit card statements clearer to read in terms of the cost of the credit and making them have the same payment date every month.

Before that law I actually had one card that the billing cycle would fluctuate as short as 28 days or as long as 32 days. I called customer service and asked them WTF, cust. svc. explained to me that months don't have the same number of days. Really? I had no idea! So I then asked what month has 32 days. Bank of America :rolleyes:

Not quite earth shattering or even Presidential but would agree they were decent changes

Your offspring age 18+. Before 2010 you could only cover your kids on your health insurance once they turned 18 if they were a student at least part time.

Um that's an adult. Not an adult child.

I bought my own insurance when I was 18 and moved the fuck out of my parents house like any adult should.

I've got three, not world shaking but they all helped my family:
1. Raising the age you can cover your adult child on your health insurance.
2. Adult child no longer needs to be a student to be covered by your health insurance.
3. Making credit card statements clearer to read in terms of the cost of the credit and making them have the same payment date every month.

Before that law I actually had one card that the billing cycle would fluctuate as short as 28 days or as long as 32 days. I called customer service and asked them WTF, cust. svc. explained to me that months don't have the same number of days. Really? I had no idea! So I then asked what month has 32 days. Bank of America :rolleyes:

Respectable changes, but:

1) Nice feature of insurance, but will raise premiums

2) Nice feature of insurance, but will raise premiums

3) Good call, but the other legislation that went with it means fewer credit card perks and more fees.

There are no free lunches. Anything that doesn't fundamentally improve productivity is simply a transfer of money from one entity to another. And while some advocate transfers (often in the name of social justice), the cash always seems to find its way home.

Respectable changes, but:

1) Nice feature of insurance, but will raise premiums

2) Nice feature of insurance, but will raise premiums

3) Good call, but the other legislation that went with it means fewer credit card perks and more fees.

There are no free lunches. Anything that doesn't fundamentally improve productivity is simply a transfer of money from one entity to another. And while some advocate transfers (often in the name of social justice), the cash always seems to find its way home.
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. My husband and I have been with the same health insurance company, with the same level of coverage for more than 6 years. The premiums haven't changed anymore than they always have, they go up maybe a buck and some change or two every year when we renew in June.

As for the credit cards, none of the benefits the cards had before the revisions changed, no new fees or anything like that (we dumped the fee based Amex more than a decade ago), and now I can set a card to auto pay and know in advance exactly what day it's coming out of the bank (which is important to me, in fact my entire budget hinges on knowing when money is coming in and going out to the day). Maybe people who have real killer cards, Titaniums and shit like that lost free hotel rooms, Godiva chocolates or yearly trips around the world?

Um that's an adult. Not an adult child.

I bought my own insurance when I was 18 and moved the fuck out of my parents house like any adult should.
Good for you, let's hope that your child will be able to do that when she is an adult as well. I assume the employment picture is a little rosier where you live, around here the majority of entry level jobs not requiring college rarely offer benefits and/or don't pay enough to afford your own benefits as well as pay for a place to live. We have college graduates, real education not liberal arts, who can't find work and are moving back in with their parents :whatever: Hell, I was on medical assistance until I was in my mid 20s, my husband worked full time but no benefits.

Your health insurance premiums haven't gone up in six years?
I didn't say quite that, I said they haven't gone up what I consider appreciably.

I had to look at my husband's paystubs and those only go back 13 months. From last year to this our health insurance premiums increased $3.74 a week, our dental $1.23. That's pretty much in line with the increases we've seen every year since his company started offering this plan :whatever: The running joke is that his yearly pay raise is pretty much enough to cover the yearly increases in the insurance, gas, bread and milk.

Top Bottom