Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy69 - While in GA...

No paperwork yet. The guy asked if he could move the closing date up a day because he needs to vacate his apt by 5/30. I'm trying to figure out where I can move me & the cat to either locally or in SFO for a few days while stuff is in transit.

The next challenge I took on was finding out what it takes to ship an 18 lb cat across the country. Poor kitty. He has no idea what he's in for. He's gonna hate my gets when he gets to Cali. So far I've discovered he's about 15 lb too heavy to bring as "carry on baggage" and they won't do checked baggage after May 15. So he has to go as air cargo - which means dropping him off like a box at Fed Ex. This is going to be interesting. Also looks like I can fly 1 way on Airtran for about $150 and he will cost aeround $300 to ship. (fat boy!)

I hate that I have to sit through a last week of the 2 week notice I gave at work. I was trying to be professional about it but so far all I do is sit there & look on craigslist for apartments.

I'll be so glad when the logistical stuff is set in stone.

Next I have to see what it costs to ship a car....

:bigkiss:

I do worry about the cat tho - he's just sitting there going "What?" - he has no idea what he's in for and I have never put him thru the stress of getting shipped somewhere before. Poor kitty.

Ok, this might sound crazy but can you and kitty go for road trip instead of flying?
Kitty won't feel like a fex ex package and you don't have to worry about shipping your car.

Thought about it but if its just me driving 3K miles across the desert w/ cat, gas prices, wear & tear on my car, hotel stops and not much time to do it - I'm leaning very much towards the shipping. Cat doesn't travel well in a car either.

Thought about it but it won't be any advantage cost-wise - still run at least $1100 in gas and time & just being able to do it and the time frame is a huge issue.

Hmm I dont insure any transporters In GA or I would totally hook you up. :rose:

Vel, Im all about the road trips... my pup would just love it lol!

florencia said:
I wish I had a right answer for car shipping...
Is it crazy to sell yours and buy new one in CA?

I'm not so worried about the car - its gonna cost one way or another - I'm not interested in buying a new one - I just paid off a BMW :)

Top Bottom