Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy69.....how did you give up Diet Coke?!?!?

Is there really anything wrong with your diet/caffeine free coke? If it relaxes you, then keep it. You can always find a substitute later.

I'm a big juice drinker. I love the sweet taste. My little boy likes cool-aid and the like, but I didn't appreciate the sugar content. The other day I bought some unsweetened cool-aid mix and mixed with Sweet & Low. Taste just like the one you add 1 cup of sugar to. Keeps him from bouncing off the walls, and keeps my sugar level down. Just had mine tested last week and in was 170. Normal is 140 and below.

Is there really anything wrong with your diet/caffeine free coke?

I don't know if 1 a day is harmful or not, but I have heard so many bad things about aspartame - such as it causes brain tumours and cellulite. Who knows?

I know jack about cellulite, but the brain tumor thing - last I read, was in mice where they were giving them 7 times their body volume in nutrasweet. that's a lot for us (7 times a mouse's body) - and 7 times our body volume is... well, a lot a lot.

my solution is that every time you feel like you really need a drink, have sex with your wonderful man of a boyfriend.

Giving up ANYTHING that we know is not the best for us...but that we like ohhhhh so much is PURELY mental. I just ask myself, "What do I want more? Diet soda (which does NOT quench my thirst and does NOTHING for my body) or water (which I NEED and DOES WONDERS FOR MY BODY NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT)?"

I am not saying that I NEVER have a diet soda, just like I am not saying that I NEVER have tequila or ice cream. But I can tell you that the amount of diet sodas that I DO ingest pale in comparison to the number of shooters and cones! If I am going to blow it....IT IS GONNA BE GOOD!!!

my solution is that every time you feel like you really need a drink, have sex with your wonderful man of a boyfriend.

hmmmm - I think I will not listen to you HS since I'm sensing you have a hidden agenda. :D

Giving up ANYTHING that we know is not the best for us...but that we like ohhhhh so much is PURELY mental.

Bikinimom - you're so right! Throughout the day and all evening I drink a tonne of water. It's not a question of quenching my thirst but mentally making my world in order and me relaxed.

IslandGirl said:

hmmmm - I think I will not listen to you HS since I'm sensing you have a hidden agenda. :D

Bikinimom - you're so right! Throughout the day and all evening I drink a tonne of water. It's not a question of quenching my thirst but mentally making my world in order and me relaxed.

the sex will burn calories AND make you more relaxed... although the bed or wherever said sex occurred, might be less ordered :)

the sex will burn calories AND make you more relaxed... although the bed or wherever said sex occurred, might be less ordered

....and therein lies the problem! You know me and order! I'm afraid sex is no subsitution for diet coke! (Don't worry, that doesn't mean no sex, it's just not a sufficient subsitution :) )

I agree w/ Bmom as far as what you are going to do --- I have also given up a lot of my old drinking habits -- not that I ever drank alot, but I used to really relish a Capn & Diet Coke w/ a splash of Parrot Bay to watch the sun set on a warm summer night. I had to stop all of that for the last year while pre-comp. Worse yet, now I look at a bottle of rum and all I can think about is the sugar content. I'm relaxing my views a little now -- I appreciate a good margarita maybe once / week on 2-fer night at the local taco barn. But since I've had the stuff out of my system for so long, its not that I get hangovers on only a few, but I get these nasty stomach aches the next day from putting "non-clean" stuff in my body. I *really* pay when I have ice cream as I've replaced most of my dairy intake w/ soy (per my nutritionist's advice).

As far as any of that stuff that I used to really like, it just isn't as important to give up any more - which I like. Makes it easier to focus on things that I can appreciate that don't involve food. But I have a much greater appreciation for the things that I do eat now --- LIKE STEAK!!!!! And an occassionaly soy ice cream thingy. I enjoy a Capt & diet Coke or an Absolut & Cranberry occassionally, but only in small amounts. Makes it cheaper to party too! Fewer trips to the bathroom at the club! No worries about DUIs on the way home!

Top Bottom