Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

results after taking a week off

My strength is always through the roof and I get incredible pumps after a decent layoff.

But more than anything, week layoffs are mentally refreshing. I hit the gym like a man possessed.

I am just now returning to the gym after a 7 week unplanned layoff :sulk: and I am having mental problems getting back into it. I did not loose too much mass but the strength seems to be way down :( . Advice?

i heard somewhere that you start to lose strength after about two weeks off. but that if you just start traiing like you did before, the muscle comes back much faster than it took for you to build it the first time.

I went travelling for a month last year and lost 10 pounds! My bodyfat was way down so I counted it as a cutting cycle and got bulking again - a break is good for you.

"My strength is always through the roof and I get incredible pumps after a decent layoff.

But more than anything, week layoffs are mentally refreshing. I hit the gym like a man possessed."

I think Genetic King hit it right on the dot. I usually take off a week every 2-2.5 months. When Im on my week off I try to eat more protien then I usually do and when I come back all my major lifts have gone up a lot! Once, bench went up about 25 lbs!! But, the reason I take the week off is because I can feel that my body is tired out, and so is my mind. It really hits ya hard after a while.

peace,
underguy77

taking time off is defnately good. most olympic swimmers and runners taper their workout down leading up to an event because it definately helps. when i take time off from lifting, i still do some moderate cardio so i dont lose any endurance. also, ive always had good results when I change my cardio during my week off. for example, instead of running, I swim. This helps me to feel even more refreshed and rested after my short break.

Periodic layoffs are a good idea, because they may increase your overall potential for muscle size (expand your genetic potential). The nervous system will start to lose it's optimization after about 10 days, but muscles won't atrophy for about 30 days (general terms). The nervous system will quickly re-optimize itself to exercise, so it's nothing to be afriad of. The potential benefits outweigh the negatives (lost training time). This is especially true for advanced trainees who can't seem to gain any more muscle, taking a 2-4 week layoff (perhaps longer) may kick-start progress to new levels.

C.O.D. You might be having a hard time mentally getting back into it, but you are on the road to the huge progress you made prior to the disruption:nighty: of April 26. You will make even better gains in July, when the new cycle kicks in. Hope you get a workout in back in that square state.:frsty:

calvesodeath said:
I am just now returning to the gym after a 7 week unplanned layoff :sulk: and I am having mental problems getting back into it. I did not loose too much mass but the strength seems to be way down :( . Advice?

Give it a few weeks and you should be surpassing your previous strength. Muscle Memory is a great thing!

Top Bottom