Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quitting trt ?

average-joe

Im thinking about quitting trt. Ive been on it for a year now.
Before I went on my total test was 496 ng/dl
Free test was 11.9 ng/dl.
Lh was 16 which is high .

Last blood work total test 856
Free test 16.8

Im currently taking100mg cyp a week.
.25 arimidex 2 x aweek
500ml hcg2x a week

I felt ok physically but my libido was lacking.I signed up
for 1 year at an age mgmt clinic.. Time is up, I liked the results
but dont like the thought of needing something that is not
readily available to me and not necesarily inexpensive.

I guess my question how long do you think it will take for my
natural test production to recover if ever.And is there anything
I can do to help it along.I will probably miss trt but I hate
the feeling of needing something.

Any comments or feedback is appreciated . JOE

Hard to say, anyones input is pure speculation, if you have been consistant with the HCG during your TRT, prolly a couple months.

Good Question... I had nat test levels around 500 lke you and decided to quit... I was taking 150mg a week for 2 months. It was a nice "boost.".

To add to your question.. Is any pct necessary in these cases? I realize trt isnt for cycling, but like him our nat levels are okay..

like Zyg said if u used hcg during that year u have better chances for fast recovery but still it can take months in some ppl, it's an individual thing. just take it as a PCT use some clomid and an AI like Letro u may need to stay on it for months or at least maintain with a low dose after the first boost in the first couple of months. my advice for u is to take an SSRI (anti-depressant) with ur PCT cuz u'll need it, i'm not trying to scare but being honest, ppl who have difficult time recovering from cycles or raising there endo Test naturally and having issues with their natty T (and that's y u took the HRT route in the first place) will for sure have hard time while recovering from a year of HRT and usually is longer than the usual.
btw about the SSRI protocol u have to discuss it with ur doc of course.

Thanks for the input. Ive been true to my HCG so that should help. I read on a the fda website that cyp has a half life of 8 days.
Bodybuilding sites say anywhere from 12 to 16 days.

My last injection will be Friday the 5th and I will follow with my normal Hcg the following week. I dont plan on pct.
May be a little arimidex once a week.. Ive been eating alot of whole food and sprouts since I started trt That should help
somewhat.

I will post updates to my mental and physical condition weekly . It may help someone with the same situation.

Joe

Dude I would do some type of pct. At least 1000ius of hcg like 3x a week with n ai for like 2 weeks. Then nolva n clomid for 4 weeks. That's the minimum I would do. I would do a stronger pct then that if me

Probably want to get some hmg if your efforts to start your natty test fail.

Hey Average Joe,
Just wondering how quitting went?Or is going?Doing the same thing and wondering what to expect? I dont use hcg or an ai.Also see that this is a couple year old thread but your time frame matches mine so I figure Ill try anyway!!
Thanx!!!!

Coming off TRT

Hello all. Quitting TRT is a delicate process. I am 31 years old and got on TRT for about 9 months. I tested at 290 and was getting weekly injections of 100ml. After 10 weeks they started me on HCG injections which I took for two consecutive days before my next testosterone shot. Before long my testosterone was up around the 780 levels. I shot up from 196lbs to 211lbs in about a month. As the swelling went down from water weight I hovered at a lean 205. I was taking half an arimidex every week to regulate my estrogen and was getting blood tests every 8 weeks. Everything seemed great except my anxiety levels began to go through the roof. I developed massive acne on my shoulders and back. I began taking antibiotics and creams to fight that. Before long my hair began to fall out in clumps and the stress from the side effects was too much to handle. I decided to come off it.

ONE WORD OF ADVICE: If you find yourself taking a chain of medications to offset side effects from other medications....you probably should not be on test. Your doctor wants you to be dependent on test because they get to rape your insurance for as long as you can afford to pay for it. TRT centers are big money. They have no interest in telling you that TRT isn't for everyone. They will convince you to tough it out and tweak your doses/ prescribe medications to offset side effects. Trust your gut and make a wise decision to come off if you feel awful on the stuff.

WITHDRAWALS/ DEPRESSION/ ANXIETY: Coming off this stuff is pure hell. I ran HCG daily for about a week after my last reduced volume testosterone shot. My anxiety and depression became uncontrollable as my hormones tried to balance themselves. I began freaking out and was having anxiety attacks. I started taking ambien just to get a few hours of sleep because the anxiety was causing gut wrenching pain. I tried to be tough and handle it which lasted about a month and a half. I was on the verge of being suicidal. My body was basically going through withdrawals. My hair loss accelerated and stress/ depression was insane. I finally decided to get on an SSRI ( anti-depressant) which turned everything around. ADVICE # 2. Don't wait to tough it out like I did. Get on an SSRI immediately after you get off test so that you can soften the blow. Its the shitties feeling in the world. Your testosterone clinics will not recommend this because they want you feel horrible and get back on TRT.

I am 4 months off now and feeling human again. My ACNE began clearing itself up nearly immediately. My hair is growing back slowly and I just have to do a little more cardio now to keep lean. Some people respond well to TRT. Others don't. Trust your body not your doctor!

Well said that man!

While TRT is great for most of the men who require it, it isn't the answer for all of them. I'm in contact with many blokes on HRT for hypogonadism, and only a small amount of them actually feel as if TRT has cured their ills. The therapy alone can bring with it its own set of side-effects. While most are tolerable and worth the sacrifice, some are not. For some sides like aromatisation, we have anti-E medications in small convenient to take pills. However, some guys even on TRT feel that even with the T and the anti-E's problems remain with libido, ED, and basic well-being. Some men experience problems with blood counts, liver function issue, lipid counts, and high blood pressure, all sorts of things.

For me HRT was part of the answer, but it certainly hasn't made me feel as good as I did before the cancer that lead to my low T diagnosis.

Bottom line is, HRT in the form of TRT has its place in medicine, but it definitely is not the "Be all and end all" treatment option. It will not make you feel and look younger, it will not give you a large dick and the endurance of a Russian chess player on cocaine. Nothing like it in fact.
It might seem to be great at first, but after a few months those early spurts of libido, energy, and confidence begin to wane.

If you can do without it, then do without it. Sort your diet, lifestyle habits, and fitness out naturally before self-medicating yourself with HRT, or visiting the TRT clinic. Listen to this guy LLF, who has been there done and done it.

It is not the cover-all answer to all male problems, just possibly one of them.

Thanks for your review.

Top Bottom