Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quick birth control ?

KBgrl

Does it take a while for a person to get pregnant after coming off birth control or can it happen right away? If one had stopped taking it for three weeks would her probability be as great as if she had never taken birth control at all?

I think she's saying the birth control will make your period more regular.

If you are talkign about 3 weeks after taking your last pill I'm assuming that you are still within the regular one month cycle. It would probably take 1-2 months to get back to your "normal" cycle, however even if you miss taking your pills at the regular time by 24 hrs, your doctor will probably always tell you to double up your dose on the next day but still use a backup method of birth control (condoms or whatever) because they can't guarantee that the pill will work. Soo.... within 3 weeks my guess is that you are still safe. But after the next period that you don't take the pill, you are no longer covered.

Everyone's body is different, so its hard to say. I have a friend who was on the pill for a few years and got pregnant three days after she took her last pill.

It depends, there is always the one-off person that can get pregnant right away but I've read quite a few articles that indicate that it may take up to 2 yrs for a woman's body to come back to 'normal' after taking her pills. The longer you have been off of it, the higher your chances of you being able to become pregnant goes up.

KBgrl said:
Does it take a while for a person to get pregnant after coming off birth control or can it happen right away? If one had stopped taking it for three weeks would her probability be as great as if she had never taken birth control at all?

who knows?!

not worth the risk...better safe than pregnant.

Top Bottom