Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question on deadlifts

That's monsterous lol
I'll be struggling DLin 75-100kg lol (200lbs)
Over hand would give me better results in longrun yeah?

overhand is good for building muscle mass, but if you wanna big DL and want to rip big weight off the floor with easy Mixed grip (over-under) is the way to go.

Oh okay. Sweet, thanks for that extra info :D

no doubt. good luck and work hard. ALSO something that works for me. I don't go above 5 reps on DL, ever! form turns to shit and back injuries are always a concern when working the posterior chain. I do speed reps. for example a speed workout for me is 12-20 singles at 405 with 30-60 seconds rest between reps to reset form and catch my breath.

no doubt. good luck and work hard. ALSO something that works for me. I don't go above 5 reps on DL, ever! form turns to shit and back injuries are always a concern when working the posterior chain. I do speed reps. for example a speed workout for me is 12-20 singles at 405 with 30-60 seconds rest between reps to reset form and catch my breath.

I'm currently doing the SL5x5
So yeah I won't be doing more then 5 reps, and I don't understand what you mean with 12-20 singles :/ I'm new to this, yeah I take a 45sec break between sets each time, keep up intestisty but allow for a breather n reset :)

Wait you said break between reps? :/ your gonna need to explain this alittle more to me, I'm clueless atm :/ 405 is 202.5kg roughly which is all I'm understanding lol :/

I'm currently doing the SL5x5
So yeah I won't be doing more then 5 reps, and I don't understand what you mean with 12-20 singles :/ I'm new to this, yeah I take a 45sec break between sets each time, keep up intestisty but allow for a breather n reset :)

Wait you said break between reps? :/ your gonna need to explain this alittle more to me, I'm clueless atm :/ 405 is 202.5kg roughly which is all I'm understanding lol :/

OK sorry for being vague.

step 1: warm up
step 2: load 405 pounds on bar.
step 3: set up and and perform my deadlift with perfect form and rip it off the ground (hold at the top for a one-Mississippi-two Mississippi)
step 4: drop weight and rest for 30-60 seconds
step 5: repeat steps 3 and 4 12-20 times depending on how I feel. Once I can do 20 reps with 30 seconds rest I bump the weight up 5-10%

OK sorry for being vague.

step 1: warm up
step 2: load 405 pounds on bar.
step 3: set up and and perform my deadlift with perfect form and rip it off the ground (hold at the top for a one-Mississippi-two Mississippi)
step 4: drop weight and rest for 30-60 seconds
step 5: repeat steps 3 and 4 12-20 times depending on how I feel. Once I can do 20 reps with 30 seconds rest I bump the weight up 5-10%

Ooh I get you, 20 reps? Thought you done no more the 5? :/

Top Bottom