Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question on deadlifts

Myphic

When I squat and get ready to lift,
My hands should be how?
A. Both on a overhand grip
Or
B. One over hand and one underhand grip
?
I'm not 100% but I've been told to do it both those ways... :/ how should I really be doing it?

It is really personal choice. I prefer 1 over 1 under.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using EliteFitness

I would do a regular grip on warm ups and all moderate weight. Then switch it to a mixed grip when it gets too heavy to hold. Find it helps strengthen grip more for me to use regular as much as I can.

From My Droid MoFo!

That makes alittle sense to me now guys, so it's more a personal choice, but under grip tech is alot better for heavier weights, would it have a better optimium using overhand for heavier weights?

I found the under makes it easier to grip for the lifts, but I feel it better with overhand grips, like I'm putting more pressure on back muscles and pushing more weight onto my legs.

If that isn't a bad thing my choice will be overhand grips lol unless i'm broken sooner then expected then I'll do under grip,

Thanks bros

Overhead all the way for me.
And when it gets heavy for me to hold (300+ lbs) I use wrist wraps.

Yeah I use overhand, and wrist bands help? I should invest in them so I don't move to a under grip. :)

Don't use wrist bands it really helps develop forearm and wrist strength gripping that bar, use chalk

Ooh thanks for the advice! That'd be great, need to build on forearm strength, my forearms are fairly weak ATM, so chalk to help with grip.
Thanks bro :D

Ooh thanks for the advice! That'd be great, need to build on forearm strength, my forearms are fairly weak ATM, so chalk to help with grip.
Thanks bro :D

Chalk is amazing I never understood why people used it until I purchased some. The bar just sticks to your hand! Plus you look badass :p

Top Bottom