Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about upper body

B0e

i was on here awhile ago trying to figure out how to loose weight on my sides between my hips and belly button. anyhow, with everyones help i managed to do that. thanks =) now i have another issue.. grrr... my lower body (below my belly button) is really fit and well proportioned and my upper body is very brittle and tiny. My sternum is also slightly elevated more then the normal sternum (bascially, it sticks out of my chest).. it doesnt hurt or anything, ive been to the doctor before and its just the way my ribcage has formed. My question is there a way to work out my chest (upper body) so that i can atleast make my sternum appear less noticeable. Im extremely self conscious about it, and its killing me!
Thanks. =)
heres a picture so you can see what i mean about the bones.. (look under the necklace, the necklace is there just to hide it)
20r2oia.jpg

Can it be you're too thin??
I've model for years and still do, (However, I don't look like the picture)so if this is how you look, you're definitely too thin.

You're trying to create the perfect proportion and, first of all, no one is perfect. My guess is that you're very young and when we are, we are always trying to look like someone who we THINK is perfect. Can you post a picture of yourself?
I'd continue exercing and eating healthy (hopefully you are) b/c we can not change our body part by part, is in the package. I bet you look great and don't know it...

I have those same genetics. I used to model as well, I was 5'10 and 120lbs. I looked exactly like your pic. My arms were 9" around the top.

Basically you just have to get overall more muscle to fill yourself out. You can do all the arm and shoulder workouts in the world but you won't end up with massive arms and shoulders without developing a nice stong chest & back.

Also you need to eat enough to grow.

If you want I can send you some pics of me of how I used to look and how I look now. I have been lifting for 8 years, but seriously lifting for 6.

Also, I know what it is like to be skinny. It is so mentally hard when the scale goes up. If you want to shape your body you will have to get over that. It took me a while to do that. Also if you get a little fat on your body as you are shaping it, don't worry you can take that off later.

And you are NOT going to get massive over the next 6 months or year, building muscle takes years. Even with people taking AAS it takes a long time, so don't be scared to lift. I am still sooo tiny. I want to be massive and 6 years later I still am not :(

If you want any training or nutrition advice just post what you are doing now.

I think you would look great with 10-15lbs of lean mass on you.

You are too thin.

You could change the shape of your musculature to make the bones less prominent. But to do that you would have to eat.

I used to model as well, not fashion, but commercial/fitness and swimwear. There is a hyuge difference in my pics from when I was 108# to 128# (I never did do a shoot when I topped out at 138#) - same amount of bodyfat but more muscle. I am 5'3".

I agree with those that posted before me. You would look so much better with another 10-15 pounds of lean mass but would that impede your ability to get fashion work?

It would definitely make you less marketable with fashion. That is what happened to me. But when I was really skinny I was embarrassed to wear tank tops because my clavicle stuck out and my twiggy long arms.

SO I decided to live life for me and start to create the body I wanted. I have never looked back and I am so much happier with my body now.

sessa said:
It would definitely make you less marketable with fashion. That is what happened to me. But when I was really skinny I was embarrassed to wear tank tops because my clavicle stuck out and my twiggy long arms.

SO I decided to live life for me and start to create the body I wanted. I have never looked back and I am so much happier with my body now.

ya thats true. thats probably what im going to end up doing. models today arent "thin" anymore... there very proportionate and fit. half of my modeling agency (big time agency) has received breast implants, because thats what the media/ fashion industry today likes in america. i just really hate my upper body. its so brittle.

B0e said:
ya thats true. thats probably what im going to end up doing. models today arent "thin" anymore... there very proportionate and fit. half of my modeling agency (big time agency) has received breast implants, because thats what the media/ fashion industry today likes in america. i just really hate my upper body. its so brittle.

fashion models are still thin, if you wanted to do runway then you can't have a fuller shape. but there is a lot of great commercial work you can do with implants and/or a more shapely body. I still do some modeling, but my main focus is to really gain a lot of muscle like a ifbb figure pro girl and that isn't really marketable. But with my crapy genetics it will take me years before i ever get there. People like us take a long time to build muscle. But trust me you will feel so much better about yourself.

Your still beautiful Im sure.

Everyone's structure is different, imagine a world where we all looked the same.. wouldnt be very diverse!!! :heart:

localgirl said:
Your still beautiful Im sure.

Everyone's structure is different, imagine a world where we all looked the same.. wouldnt be very diverse!!! :heart:

I agree with Localgirl, I'm sure you're beautiful! we're all beautiful in a special way. Don't just look at what you think is not attractive. Besides, if you're a professional Model, well get as much as you can out of it while you're young and when you're ready to add some muscles (if that's what you really want) then a few years from now, you can. That's what I did, I waited till I didn't wnat to model anymore, then I worked my body to what it is today. Now, if you don't care for modelling and have other means to make a living you should start now... Just a thought!

Top Bottom