Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about number of reps...

rphender

I am on a winny, fina cycle and am trying to do about 8 reps per set and going to exhaustion on each set so I make sure that I am breaking down my muscles in about 3 sets. Problem is that after I do 8 reps for the first set at a certain amount of weight, I can only do about 6 reps at that same weight the other two sets. Is there anything wrong with this? Thanks for the info.

Actually, that is good. That means that you have gotten a good pump in your muscles. Usually the first couple of sets do match the number of your goal, then you should be straining/struggling to reach your goal on sets 3&4. Could it be possible that the weight that you are starting with is to heavy for you goal or your goal is to high for the weight?

"IF" you have a spotter try and have him help you force the desired goal out and sooner than you think you will easily do this weight at your desired goal.

Jus' throwin' pennies in the fountain...

I'm trying to go to straight sets myself. I used to go to failure on every set. My typical reps were: 10,8,6,4 or 11,9,6,4 . The first couple of times you do this you'll get equal numbers on different sets. After a while it will change because your body has learned how to push itself to failure. If you truely went to failure, it would be impossible to get the same number of reps.

Don't take this the wrong way but shouldn't you know the basics of lifting weights before doing a cycle.

u could pyramid ur weights down to pump out the reps u want.
i did it before and it worked well, strength went up and it was something different.

Top Bottom