Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question about legs?

I don't know the exact mechanics of the two (you'd have to ask casual or somebody for that)....what I do know, which is pretty obvious, is that squats recruit a lot more muscles than leg presses do. Also...being that it is more of a full body compound exercise, more GH is released in the body just as with deadlifts.

zxe003 said:
I don't know the exact mechanics of the two (you'd have to ask casual or somebody for that)....what I do know, which is pretty obvious, is that squats recruit a lot more muscles than leg presses do. Also...being that it is more of a full body compound exercise, more GH is released in the body just as with deadlifts.

Bingo..personally leg presses are usleless.. i know a you see a lot of pros doing them (ruhl, cutler) but that is not what built there legs..heavy squats and hacks are key for the quads..my thinking is that its a matter of comfort once you have thighs like cutler..how much bigger are those wheels going to get squatting each week..theyre seeking merely to maintian and carve more detail in..rather than risk injury with 600+ on your back

wnt2bBeast said:
Bingo..personally leg presses are usleless.. i know a you see a lot of pros doing them (ruhl, cutler) but that is not what built there legs..heavy squats and hacks are key for the quads..my thinking is that its a matter of comfort once you have thighs like cutler..how much bigger are those wheels going to get squatting each week..theyre seeking merely to maintian and carve more detail in..rather than risk injury with 600+ on your back
:) In all my years in the dozen or so gyms i have trained at i have only used one leg press that blasted my legs, and it was horizontal. Overall i think the leg press is the biggest waste of time in the gym for guys who don't have 30 inch legs.

I think wnt2bBeast hit the nail on the head. You see pros doing all sorts of things, but in the end, it's the heavy compound moves that got them to that size. Maintaining muscle is so much easier than some people think. Especially if you're enhanced, eating and resting properly. You only have to train so hard to maintain your gains.

Squats are better, no doubt. I'm not impressed when my peers jump onto the leg press and do the rack, panting and heaving to get up two reps, and act like they're gods. I'm more impressed when I see someone squatting ass-to-floor, with good form, for 20 reps.

Those are 2 different exercices

They are both useful
Depends on what you're looking for (mass, strength, safety,....)

Top Bottom