Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Que's Journey begins

Wednesday's food:

Breakfast
1 pk low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
48 oz coffee w/splenda & fat free creamer

Snack
13 celery sticks

Lunch
6 oz cottage cheese
12 oz tuna, water-packed, drained

Snack
24 oz coffee w/splenda & ff creamer
(Didn't have a food snack because some retard forgot to pack enough celery for the day.)

Dinner
6 oz chicken breast
2 cups green beans, drained
*1 tbsp butter
*1 c corn flakes
(*butter in green beans & chicken coated w/crushed corn flakes.....my daughter forgot I was back on my diet.)

Late Snack
8 oz chocolate whey shake.

Target Calorie range: 1600 - 1920
Target Protein range: 160-240

Daily totals:
totals for today: Fat: 24%, Carbs: 32%, Protein: 44%
Calories: 1817, Fat (g): 45, Carbs (g): 144, Protein (g): 187

Is it just me or did "tard-mart" purposely put the juices, sport drinks & koolaid in the same aisle as the cookies? :whatever:

Help needed from the ladies......

I don't belong to a gym but a new gym in town is running a special rate for new members - $12 per month with no requirement to sign up for any specified length of time. I told my kids that I wanted a membership for my birthday but I don't think I want to wait till June. I'm considering purchasing the membership and letting the kids pay for additional months. I know that if I pay money for it I will make myself go and workout. ;)

Here's the question(s):

I know they have bikes and treadmills (you can see them thru the window) but if weight training is what I want - what type of equipment should I be looking for when I go and tour the facility?

What other questions should I be asking?

Do you design your workout routine based on your goals or based on what equipment is available at the gym you go to?

Here's the list of amenities from their website:
Kids' Room: The Kids' Room is available at a nominal fee and may be purchased at the front desk. Prices and hours vary so please check with the front desk for current pricing and hours. There is no minimum time usage; however, there is a two-hour maximum. Mon.- Fri. 8:45 AM - 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Saturday - 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Sunday - No Kids Room
Tanning: Prices vary slightly with each location. Pre-paid cards are available for greater savings.
Equipment Training : Our equipment trainers are available by appointment only at no extra charge. Please stop by the front desk or call to schedule your free 30-minute session.
Showers: Showers and lockers are available during your visit and are handicap accessible. Please remember to bring a towel and lock with you on each visit.
Personal Trainers: Available on an individually contracted basis. Contact information can be found at the front desk.

Other features available:
• No long term contracts
• No cancellation fees
• Free equipment instruction
• Great family plans
• Access to all locations at no additional charge
• Clean, friendly, comfortable atmosphere
• Picture ID secure entry
• TV and Sound Systems
• Plenty of equipment provides no waiting on cardio, strength or free weights.
• Stretching area with mats, exercise balls and medicine balls
• Open long hours - 7 days a week
• Vending Machines
• Handicap access

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5 AM to 10 PM
Friday: 5 AM to 9 PM
Saturday: 7 AM to 6 PM
Sunday: 8AM to 6 PM

I'm also considering posting "before pics" but I'm afraid people might start power puking when they view it and then I'd get in trouble by EF and get banned or something :( :( :( ......

I'm kinda freakin out about this whole situation......

Last edited:
Re: Help needed from the ladies......

Que_66 said:

I'm also considering posting "before pics" but I'm afraid people might start power puking when they view it and then I'd get in trouble by EF and get banned or something :( :( :( ......
You've got to be kiddin me lol

This will only motivate you more to stay on track.. No one knows who you are, block off your face and your golden ...

Join the transformation crew on here, we are many :)

Thursday's food:

Breakfast
1 pk low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
48 oz coffee w/splenda & fat free creamer

Snack
13 celery sticks

Lunch
8 oz cottage cheese
12 oz tuna, water-packed, drained

Snack
12 celery sticks

Dinner
5 oz chicken breast
1/4 c. green beans, drained
1/2 c. brown rice

Late Snack
16 oz chocolate whey shake.

Target Calorie range: 1600 - 1920
Target Protein range: 160-240

Daily totals:
totals for today: Fat: 20%, Carbs: 32%, Protein: 48%
Calories: 1856, Fat (g): 39, Carbs (g): 147, Protein (g): 211

:heart: I stayed within my ranges!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday Morning:
I weighed myself this morning before my shower and I'm back down to 158 lbs from 162.5 lbs from Monday's weigh in. I figure it's just the extra water weight from all the junk I ate last week. (Damn those honey buns!)

Gym update:
I went to the gym that was offering such a special rate to see what the catch is. (Yes, I read the fine print) It seems that as the monthly fee goes down the joining fee goes up. Imagine that.

Regular fees are:
Joining fee: $99 (one time fee)
Processing fee: $20 (one time fee)
Monthly dues: $19.95
Total for 1 year: $358.40

Special Rate from sales flyer:
Joining fee: $188 (one time fee)
Processing fee: $20 (one time fee)
Monthly dues: $12
Total for 1 year: $352.00

Is it just me or does that seem a little underhanded? I would only save $6.40 over the "regular" price. I'm very disappointed.

*Bunny* said:
I'm not going to even say how much my gyms cost ... both of them :worried:

lol

Yeah, I don't want to talk about how much I spend on my gym and trainers either. :worried: But I figure I no longer eat or drink out like I used to, so it all evens out! ;)

Que, I don't know what rates are like in your neck of the woods, but that does seem extremely reasonable for an entire year. I would not be able to find anything at all in that price range where I live!

Re: Help needed from the ladies......

Que_66 said:
I know they have bikes and treadmills (you can see them thru the window) but if weight training is what I want - what type of equipment should I be looking for when I go and tour the facility?
Free weights, plates, barbells, place to squat & bench, multifaceted range of machines. That´s what first came into my mind.

Thank you ladies! :bigkiss:

I just found out that our company DOES have a corporate rate with a local gym (the nicest one in town according to my ex) for a rate of $25 per month and the only other fee is a $50 joining fee if you want to go month to month but that fee is waived if you want to sign up for a year.

25 x 12 = 300.00 w/contract
or
25 x 12 = 300.00 + 50.00 = 350.00 for 1 yr month to month.

Looks like the rates are very close among the gyms in town. Here is the link for this gym http://site.mawebcenters.com/totalfitness/index.html

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Well I think I might just HAVE to go check out this gym and see what they have and probably sign up.......

I'm so excited and I feel totally stupid for being so excited about actually WANTING to workout repeatedly and probably to the point that even my eyelashes will be hurting. I'm 39, not 12. :rolleyes:

I just hope I'm not dissapointed with my visit and of course I'll let you know.

Top Bottom