Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Push Press v Military Press

at some point the press by itself will plateau.....it is hard and develops a lot of muscle as you get towards your top end adding 5lbs to your lift will be impressive or impossible. The push press IMO is the press but cheating using legs and hip drive to move more weight......it is extremely useful for increasing your press and i consider it an assistance excercise to the press.

Yeah I can do 150x5 for strict military press with feet together etc, and I'm not big at al at 6 foot 190. I just started doing light push press last workout, it was cool because I finally stalled on military press. However be careful because I hurt my back a little doing them (it was either that or a super arched bench press I tried).

switchman
so a guy like me that cant press 135# shouldnt be doing them?? dumb comment!!
i weigh 145 and race bikes at a national level, but still work out a bit. so doing presses at 145 with 90#'s is no good in your opinion??
southernlord thats great doing a bit more than bodyweight.

sl i know u can push press more i just did 245x6. i also like behind the neck standing military

That's an impressive push press. Putting 200+ pounds overhead while standing is awesome. I know there are some beasts pressing ungodly amounts overhead, but you rarely see anyone putting impressive weights overhead while standing. At least not in my gym.

gladiator
impressive numbers
the cycle you take add a lot of srength?
what can you put up drug free?
do the drugs add a bit, or a lot of powert /strength?

A lot of it depends on the equipment used as well. My push press can vary by 50 lbs or more depending on what I am pressing - oly bar, log, axle, etc. Heck on my Viking press setup I can do 10 wheels, but that is a meaningless number because of the fulcrum and where the weight is on the lever arm.

B-

gladiator
impressive numbers
the cycle you take add a lot of srength?
what can you put up drug free?
do the drugs add a bit, or a lot of powert /strength?

thx. Yea the cycle added pretty good strength. I thought masteron was ultimate strength buts really mild didnt know that till mid cycle lol. Im comin off in 2 weeks so in about 6 weeks after PCT ill let u know what my numbers are. drugs definetly helped my power/strength. No joint pain either even tho my strength is skyrocketing.

That's an impressive push press. Putting 200+ pounds overhead while standing is awesome. I know there are some beasts pressing ungodly amounts overhead, but you rarely see anyone putting impressive weights overhead while standing. At least not in my gym.

You rang?lol

I can standing press 320 for four reps, and have pushpressed 370. I'm just now getting back into training heavier after a light phase. Haven't gone over 230 since before x-mas. I usually to 230 for sets of 8-10.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom